• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil RMA sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbq

i RMAed a dual KIT PC3500 2-3-3-6 and they returned to me PC3500 2.5-3-3-6. they suppose to give me an equivalent or a better quality. why they didn't send me UltraX serries ? i paid for the Cas2 NOT for the 2.5

the guy handle my RMA # told me he'll give me PC3200 2-3-3-6 coz my RAM was discontinued but he sent me this sick RAM. i'll stay away from Geil from now

Call them up and complain. Make sure you give them the RMA number, and tell them that one of their techs told you you were getting some 2-3-3-6 RAM.

Tell them they did not send the equivalent. You have to keep after them.,

heck ask them for better, you have to ship twice, you deserve to either keep that stick or get a better one

Elif Tymes said:
Send em an email, or call them. Talking to people works wonders.

I agree with you 100%, although Geil Taiwan refuses to talk to me as I confronted them to why their Copper/Silver heatsink paste has no silver in it as labeled. I tested it and spoke to Geil USA, they told me I needed to speak to Geil Headquarters, So I tried to no avail to e-mail and call them on the phone, But they refuse to speak to me about this product.

Geil bundles this fake silver paste with their high end memory modules, why they send a thermal paste with memory is beyond me, all I know is they are full of cr@p that the paste has AG. in it. Geil USA told me; "We really don't sell this thermal paste, we include it in memory kits".

I replied to them, I must be hallucinating and when I bought it at Newegg to test it for silver content, must have been a figment of my imagination.

PS, As Elif Tymes mentioned, give them a call and see if they help you, just tell them on the phone that silversinksam is still waiting for Geil HQ's to get back to me. :rolleyes:

What he's stating (by reading the entire thread you linked) is what if the slower RAM they sent you actually overclocks BETTER than the previous RAM you had. It doesn't seem unfeasable, and it's certainly not a stupid question. Have you actually tested the new sticks they sent you? Who knows, they may run better than your old sticks (or at the very least error-free) at the same 2-3-3 timings you are trying to run at.

Before you get ticked off, why not give it a try.

.h4x0r// said:
What he's stating (by reading the entire thread you linked) is what if the slower RAM they sent you actually overclocks BETTER than the previous RAM you had. It doesn't seem unfeasable, and it's certainly not a stupid question. Have you actually tested the new sticks they sent you? Who knows, they may run better than your old sticks (or at the very least error-free) at the same 2-3-3 timings you are trying to run at.

Before you get ticked off, why not give it a try.

yah i tested already and they're really really suck. what i want is 2-2-2 NOT 2-3-3 .. my fold RAMs run almost the same as BH5 chip

3.3v single stick. one of the stick got defected that's why i RMA both
geil3xa.gif

Back