• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron RMA hell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s random

about 3 weeks ago i decided to RMA my Vid card after the Heatsink fan died, and heat hurt my GPU (before i noticed) so i sent in my RMA request, after 3 days i heard nothing, so i decided to call, it took 2 days of constant calling, RMA guy was apperently at luch for most of the day, then two hours on the phone for them to find my sent invoice, they promise to send me a reasponce to my RMA later that day. ofcourse 2 days later not later that day they approve my request. so the next morning i pack and ship over 2 day UPS air (this being a wed) and it gets there friday. i wait till thursday, send an email (they dont send a single email about getting it) today i get ****ed beyond belief and call. i start by calling the RMA and they say they didnt get it, so now im freaking out. i call UPS and they assure me that it got there and someone signed it. Im just about at my wits end, this is 10 minutes after getting off the phone with the RMA guy, he doesnt answer the phone (wouldnt be suprised if he was ignoring me), so i call and just get a tech support guy force them to get me the RMA guy. he checks again, package isn't there, then i tell him someone signed for it, read him the name that it was signed, he checks again and magically it shows up. ontop of this i ask if they are going to repair or replace the board, and when i can expect it and he replys ofcourse, and hangs up.

basically, dont buy from Albatron, its not worth the grey hair and phone bills

*update*

finally got my RMA back today, plug in my card, and there are artifacts all over the screen

i pay 20 fricking dollars on shipping wait a effing month, and get the card in worse condition then before. and their RMA guy isnt picking up the dang phone

*****STAY AWAY FROM ALBATRON*******

they are in the middle of Cali and i live in Lousianna, so its way too far to go see them

Wow thats horrible...you should let SSS give them a call for you, bet after that they magically be all nice to you can send you a brand new card ;)

but seriously, thats horrible, now i know why i like BFG so much.

i dunno, ill called them and they said they'd send me something in the mail to make shipping free but it would take them a while to get the RAM to repair it... im sure a good company would send a new card and just fix this up as a referb but i dunno what to expect (might need to call to remind them about mailing that thing)

if its no good by the end of this week ill PM SSS

after yelling and mean emails, i got them to give me another RMA and made them pay of shipping, im waiting on them to send me a return lable and then im just gonna hope for the best. ill keep you guys updated.

lol yea i have a friend whose needed to rma a 5750 multiple times to this place, they litterally crapped on the person calling the rma in for him (a friend who owns a computer business) when he informed them that it was a business calling they informed him that his video card was for gaming and not for business..... He still has problems with his card here and there and the friend doing the calling has refused to call anymore because of the numerous amounts of reps who got "terminated" through their wake of trying to get a decent RMA

i basically just am calling them every business day for the past how ever long. Im just gonna keep on bugging them untill i get my card in top notch condition

Back