• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp Install Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funkmasta_k

Registered
I just built my first computer yesterday, and I have a problem with windows XP installation. I can get past the part where you format your hard drive or pick your partition space, but thats when a blue screen pops up telling me windows had to shut down to prevent damage. I can't get past this screen, it says if i keep getting it to check to see if my hardware is installed correctly. I've checked all the connections and they are correct. I just ran memtest 86+ on my memory and the first pass had 286,116 errors. My memory is DDR 400 Corsair TwinX 3200-c2tp. I am using a DFI Lanparty UT with a Venice 3200. I have no idea how to fix this problem, any help would be awesome.

Last edited:
Well, I found out that all of the errors occured in test #8, but I have no idea what that means. Also, on the error screen, at the bottom, it says

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF000E2c3, 0x00000001, 0x80821763, 0x00000000
and at the top, I get a message saying IRQL_not_less_or_equal_to. I don't understand this at all. HELP

Last edited:
Make sure that they are in the right slots. A friend had a similar problem and that was the fix.

Also, if you have a TV Tuner card, try taking that out. I know when I went to the venice I had to take mine out, got a similar error.

from what i have heard the dfi mb is really finicky about its memory you should go over to the hardware or the memory forum and ask about your memory and dfi mb thay can tell you alot more about the memory reqirements for a dfi mb .
sorry that i cant help anymore than this .

Back