• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well there goes 3 days worth of work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electron Chaser

Senior Delta Fanatic
I had all my pieces all machined out for my new res everything looked great. It was time to glue it all together. So I get it all glued together and clamped. I set it on the table to cure. I hear a crash a few minutes later I go to check it out. My res is in pieces on the floor the cat knocked it off the table. I tried putting it back together but it looks like crap now. Time to start over again. :bang head

I trained my cat to stay off certain places like my work table and computer desk. A good spray bottle and a little patience will go a long way.

ul m8, when i ordered a loada stuff i hid the tubing form my cats...i'll bet they'd love to chew that :rolleyes: I also hid my system while i was building it, or still building it actually :cool:

better luck next time

that sucks... my cats get into alot of stuff too but they tend to learn their lesson after you yell at em to stay away from it LOL

psst... go with a t-line instead

Yeah my cats understand the concept. I don't walk on tables and counter tops neither should they. They do sneak up on a high surface every so often. I just give the a look and they split. I had issues of having an open motherboard and my 18# cat. So from now on cats stay were they are allowed. My temps are still not the same since my cat sat on my motherboard.

mysterflix said:
I trained my cat to stay off certain places like my work table and computer desk. A good spray bottle and a little patience will go a long way.

Works pretty good too. If you need to reinforce just shake the bottle.

Enablingwolf said:
Yeah my cats understand the concept. I don't walk on tables and counter tops neither should they. They do sneak up on a high surface every so often. I just give the a look and they split. I had issues of having an open motherboard and my 18# cat. So from now on cats stay were they are allowed. My temps are still not the same since my cat sat on my motherboard.

Works pretty good too. If you need to reinforce just shake the bottle.
Lol, yeah he also got a bath in the toilet once, I don't think he ever tried to drink from that bowl ever again! :D

yeah - we did the spray bottle thing with our cats - we don't even needa use the bottle anymore - if they decide to go on the counter or somethin, just look at em or clap your hands and they know to get off

Ouch man, but look at the bright side, it could have been your PC or something if it was sitting on there instead. And remember the term, "Curiosity killed the cat"? o_º

I'm sorry to hear that I knew how excited you were about getting that res. Remind me never to make predictions again because they tend to come true (the aim convo where I said to your res "Its just another piece that could break)

*walks off a cliff* (j/k)

mysterfix said:
Lol, yeah he also got a bath in the toilet once, I don't think he ever tried to drink from that bowl ever again! :D

I just turn on the tub faucet and hope the heck they don't grab anything along the way. Cats are velcro incarnate.
Kind of neat seeing other folks using water as a tool to show who is boss. My large cat sometimes thinks he is in charge from all the spoiling. The smaller one is just plain lovable and dumb.

To sort of remain on topic, show cats water cooling is not in thier best interest.

SewerBeing said:
I'm sorry to hear that I knew how excited you were about getting that res. Remind me never to make predictions again because they tend to come true (the aim convo where I said to your res "Its just another piece that could break)

*walks off a cliff* (j/k)

LOL yeah I remember you saying that. Figures. Oh well I will just have to do it again.

I like dogs I just don't like shoveling poop in the backyard. Maybe you could put the next res inside a cabinet or behind a closed door until it cures.

Back