• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg: Does this mean prices will rise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Could even mean better prices considering that they will be buying in larger volume and items manufactured in china will probably be cheaper. Customer service will probably decline and be outsourced

Would probably be a good investment opportunity when they go public though

I noticed the article said the Newegg currently has 7 U.S. warehouses with plans to build 3 more, I have only received merchandise from either Newark or L.A. Has anyone recieved merchandise from any of the other warehouses? Could be the other 5 are just used purely for storage.

ditto, cant wait till it goes public as an IPO, that'd be a very good investment (considdering all the business people on many fourms over the net do their business with them). I'm sure their business will boom in any of those markets.

It's both good and bad, the good news is they will greatly expand their reach as they are breaking into Canada, maybe the UK and Japan by the end of next year, and the IPO will bring them the capital to enter into those new markets and maintain their operations in the USA and China. The bad news is they will have to appease their shareholders, and a bad quarter, or a back to back bad quarters could lead to higher prices for the consumer.

It all depends on how they manage their operations, as private entities as they are now don't have to open their books to show how profitable or how in the red they may be. Myself, I will try to get some shares of the IPO if they are priced decent and if its available as sometimes getting IPO shares is tough depending on the amount of shares offered and how they are distributed.

Back