• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great RMA experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Da Whip

Sunny Florida, you can keep the midwest!!
I purchased a ECS nF2 board for my ladies computer, she did not want to spend alot. I have used ECS before with mixed results. The famous K7S5A board was great, the others sucked eggs.
Well needless to say this board crapped out after only a few weeks. I contacted ECS, prepaid a $10 service fee (which I thought was ridiculous) and got an RMA #. When I sent out the board I had misplaced the driver CD, tossed the box and given away the ribbon cables. I enclosed a note complaining about the service fee and indicating the cost of shipping.
Within a week of shipping it, I recieved an email, 2 days later they had sent out a new board, with a check for the shipping and service fee. Total turn around was under 2 weeks.
I think that the service fee is to ward off scammers or people who are too lazy to completely check their system before blaming the motherboard.
I would by another ECS board without hesitation.

Back