• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound after OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenchi86

Ok well I have the MSI 865PE NEO2-V board and a prescott 2.8a CPU. I am using 512 ram (1 stick=2100 other is 3200 both 256). Also I am using on board audio. My problam is that when ever I oc my onboard audio goes away. I ran prime for nearly 24 hours straight now and its stable also used memtest. Nothing else is not working just my audio. According to the website its:
• AC'97 link controller integrated in ICH5.
• 6 channels software audio codec ALC655.
- Compliance with AC97 v2.2 Spec.

I had the OC running at 152*21=3.2 ghz. After I OCed the MSI update tool stop detecting the onboard audio. So did windows device manager. I tried reinstalling drivers with no luck. This is a problam for me since I love music. Right now I am running at stock speed and my sound is back. Thanks for any help and sorry if this was posted I did a search here and google with no luck.

Here is the link to your motherboard manual:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/manual/mnu/spt_mnu_detail.php?UID=612&kind=1

Enter the section called:

"Frequency/Voltage Control"

And by selecting this option you will see a setting called:

"Adjust AGP/PCI Clock(MHz)"

Set this to 66.66/33.33

Save your bios and reboot, re-enter your bios and you should be able to retrieve your overclock settings with the sound enabled.

hth,

R

Ok well I tried it and I couldnt keep the pci/agp speed at that. It wouldnt let me. So I just put it on its lowest setting like 67 and 38. Sar far its working fine. So thanks for help.

Whatever works :) You may wish to see if there is a bios upgrade and set your system back to defaults, flash the bios and then see if you are able to set your AGP/PCI to 66.66/33.33.

R

According the the MSI update tool I am ok, though I know with my brothers AMD board these programs can mess up occasnaily so I will manuelly check later.

Back