• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Application Accelerator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vauxflow

Registered
Has anyone ever downloaded and installed the Intel Application Accelerator? I did about 12 months ago and due to a stupid mistake I made I have accidentally uninstalled it. But the thing is, may Pc now boots, shuts down and basically does everything much faster, in fact noticeably faster. I thought the Intel app was supposed to speed things a little on P4's ? I don't think I will be installing it again as my Pc seems to be really really great now :)

Well a lot of times the Application Accelerator does not fully see the UDMA potential of the hdd or the mobo. So when you uninstalled the software it forced BIOS to do it manually in which it will go with the highest possible setting according to the mobo/IDE cable/hdd.

Indeed, I have never seen the Application Accelerator accelerate dataflow and have tested it on more than a few platforms. I have always uninstalled it after testing proved that it deccelerates rather than accelerates.

This has been my own personal knowlege of this software.

R

Back