• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended fans for thermochill 120.3??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

the reason why the tc120.3 has 3 fans is because there is already a lot of surface area and it doesnt need a lot of flow through the rad correct? cause i wanted to get some low cfm fans to make my rad quieter
so can someone recommend some quiet 120mm fans that would go great with this rad? thanks

Personally, I'd find some good fans and simply wire them in series. That way the fans will be quiet and if you need better temps you can increase the fan speed. After that its really a matter of who do you trust to make fans.

For an excellent 25mm thick 120mm fan, I highly reccomend the AOC Evercool Aluminum.

On 12V they produce no whine, only a very low-pitched noise similar to that of rushing air - not silent by any means, but not particularly annoying. On 9V they still move a fair amount of air, and are almost silent. On ~7V they are practically inaudible.

To boot, they have a very solidly constructed body. You can get em' here: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=124

I'm not a big fan of those aluminum fans anymore. I ordered ~10 of them last summer, and only 5 are still working. Many of them just fell apart while others were loose and made a terrible clicking noise all the time. I'll never use them again.

Yikes, that is most unfortunate.

I currently have 6 120mm AOC Aluminums in my machine, 5 of which I have owned and operated almost 24/7 on various radiators for the better part of a year. One of these fans is from my first ever watercooling setup, and still works perfectly.

This is anecdotal of course, my excellent experiences with these fans doesn't neccessarily mean that the product is perfect.

I had some that say Evercool on them and a couple that are AOCs. I had problems with both, although the ones that did work were pretty good. Just an unlucky experience for me I guess...

yeah i like the evercool fans because they are quiet, but they are alum. so they break easily, i have one atm, and one of the blades broke off and i had to jb weld it back on lol think ill get 2 more then, thx guys

Acurax said:
I'm not a big fan of those aluminum fans anymore. I ordered ~10 of them last summer, and only 5 are still working. Many of them just fell apart while others were loose and made a terrible clicking noise all the time. I'll never use them again.
I bought 8-10 of the Evercools over the last year and I've only had one go bad--and that may have been my fault--so, for US$7-$8 they are good fans. But, for use on a radiator I think a 38mm thick fan would be better, even if it's undervolted to quiet it down, and for that my current personal choice is the Sanyo-Denki 109R1212H1011 which undervolts quite nicely.

i have two evercools right now with my bonneville and i like them a lot, i have them controlled to 30% speed and they are completely quiet, but im soon going to change to 38mm fans when i get my thermochill 120.3

Back