• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting radiator internally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xris

I'll be mounting my '77 bonneville heater core internally. Could velcro work for this? I'm having trouble deciding the best way to keep it securely in place.

I got the trouble of mounting a heatercore that holds 2x 120mm fans in my armor case, im putting my dual floppy bay res up top by the psu ( I got the armor case btw ), and im thinking of mounting the heatercore in one of the cd bays. velcro would probably work though

yeah, velcro and a few zipties will be able to secure it just fine (maybe some foam on the sides to fill the gap)

cripy said:
I got the trouble of mounting a heatercore that holds 2x 120mm fans in my armor case, im putting my dual floppy bay res up top by the psu ( I got the armor case btw ), and im thinking of mounting the heatercore in one of the cd bays. velcro would probably work though

I'm using the armor case as well. Somehow, I've used up all of the 5.25" bays.

I just checked to see if it's even possible to get the heater core into the drive bays of my armor. I'm using a '77 bonneville heater core, and it will not fit. It is just too thick. You would have to sacrifice two bays to fit it in there, and to do it you would have to bend the railing that the drive would sit on normally in order to get the heater core in there. So you'd have to mod your case.

Back