• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panda Platinum Inet security 2005 - resource HOG!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

my god!

I have been hearing about how god Panda software has been, so i went a grabbed a copy of the Panda Platinum internet security suite 2005 to try out.

So, i got a freshly formated dell inspiron 9100 with 512 of ram / pressy 3.2 - only things installed on this laptop are office / msn/ trillian / mysq query browser

i did the black joh'n XP tweaks and on boot up i run around 146mb of ram, so okay, good no problems.

Install the suite, reboot - next boot up sytem took about 3 mins just to boot to windows - okay, no problem, program had to configure it's self.

Log into window - another 5 mins and task bar finally show up, okay, no problem, once that is all done i reboot.

check out task manager - system is now using 310mb!!!! of ram after a reboot!

come one! a 150mb antivirus / firewall suite? get real!! - check the runnings task - they are all part of panda - the 2 main ones alone use 30mb of ram!

So , i uninstall the program - BAM! back down to 145MB on a system reboot.

I have heard of some products using alot of resorces but i would rather use norton then this crap!

Just an FYI if anyone else has this suite to check out your usage, see what you have on it., i am now going to try and get a refund for this and go back to using my works symantecn antiv 9 and spybot. those 2 combined use less then 20mb.

Just use AntiVir and any other security software independently. I have always hated security suites.

You sure its all panda? Maybe something went wrong. I used to use it and never had this problam. It was by far the best antivur I have ever used. Any way sorry to hear this happened to you.

Mr.Guvernment said:

wow, for some reason i am not surprised at all. this is part of the reason i left all of norton 05 behind. can you provide any links to "black joh'n XP tweaks"? i want to check it out.

tenchi86 - just to be sure i reinstalled it again on the same system - same issue - i then installed Symantec AntiV corprate and it takes up about 20mb - of course it has no firewall though.

Now when i got to work - installed it on another XP system that has symantec as well - same thing - 100+ mb of usage :(

blackviper page was take down - seems network solutions owns it now, but a few people have mirroed his site:

http://www.google.co.cr/search?hl=en&q=black+viper+mirror&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Back