• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7-g setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clockless

just gpot the board with my 3.0 p4 northwood 1gig of xms pro 2x 80gb sata cuddas and 3x 160 ide 7200 drivs and a ide raid car for a raid 5 backup

what kind of cooling do you have ? and power supply unit. Batboy will have the best advice with a northy.

with that said read up and enjoy most of your questions can be answered with a search if no ones around too help you, lot of info in these forums :)

I can tell you this, you have what many consider as one of the best OC'ing motherboards out there. Make sure you put good cooling on the CPU, you will get high OC's with this board. The BIOS is outstanding. The only thing I can see that it lacks is vDimm adjustments. They are limited up to 2.8v. That's not really a limit per se, but there are memory modules out there that like higher voltages. One can mod this board to do that however.

Make sure you also use good cooling for case flow and cooling the PWM section. If you OC to high levels, I would sink your MOSFET's and make sure there is *plenty* of airflow over that area.

Like was said earlier, Batboy can give you specifics on the Northwoods. Personally, I have experience with the Prescott's on this board.

It is a great board. Well, of course it is! It's an Abit board. :)

I currently have a 2.4c northwood on this same board. I have it at 3ghz right now, but i believe i could take it a bit higher, but my ram(pc2700) is just holding me up. Do you know the multiplier on your CPU?

From the sound of it, you should get a good OC if your cooling is nice and tight.

Back