• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2000+ installation gets stuck at Configuring Com+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I got a copy of Windows 2000+ from my grandmother for my dual 200mhz pc, and the installation gets stuck at Configuring Com+. This happened a while ago, so I wen't ahead and loaded xp onto it. It was very slow, so now I'm back installing 2000. Same problem. I thought it might be the cd, so I got another from my grandma(she has about 6 copies of 2000, does networking) and it has the same problem as well. What could cause this?

General background info: Pc has 32mb of ram currently, but it had the same before one of my sticks of ram died (working to replace it). I am running Dual P-pro 200's, installing windows 2000 pro. I am also installing onto a SCSI drive, but I doubt this is the problem since XP installed fine onto it.

I can also get a copy of NT workstation 4.0 from her, perhaps that would work better?

Ohh also, just a minor question. I slipstreamed a bunch of drivers onto the cd this time around. 2000 loaded up and saw my 10,000rpm drives, and the first part of the install went fine(the format/copy part), but when it rebooted, it would not boot off the card. As far as I know, there is no bios option to boot off of a scsi card, is there anything I can do? I have a rather old HP Vectra motherboard.

I didn't have to do it this time! It got past Com+, but now its sitting at "Registers components".

Thats very odd... it appears that it has gotten stuck four times durring the install, but each time, just opening the task manager fixed it. I didn't have to do anything else, it just started going again.

Back