• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am in HUGE trouble guys!! Please Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eysikal

Registered
OK, I am big trouble because I have messed up one of my client's laptop that he uses for work. He doesn't know that anything is wrong with it, and as long as I get it fixed before the holiday is over, I should be cool.

Here is the situation:

I was trying to set up a WinXP network at his house between his laptop and his desktop. His desktop workgroup was set to "MSHOME" by default. His laptop, however was set as a domain rather than a workgroup, and the domain was called "traderjoes.com"

So I decided change the laptop over to a workgroup that I named "MSHOME" to match the desktop. It accepted the change and asked me to restart, but only after requiring me to enter in a user/pass to authorize the change.

Here is were the problem comes into play. After restarting, it asked me to press "Ctrl Alt Delete to begin" as usual. So I entered in his user/pass, and now they don't work!!! Windows tells me to make sure I have the correct domain and pass. I have changed the domain, and so now the user/pass I have doesn't work!!

How can I get around this problem?? i.e. how can I switch it back to the original domain of "traderjoes.com?"

Thanks so much for your speedy help guys.

reboot and press F8 during boot to go into safe mode. Once the login screen comes up, select admin and go into the user control panel and reset the password.

hey man dont fret you can just type in administrator for the login and hit enter if that doesnt work you can download a linux bootable program that resets the admins password meaning you can just type in administrator and and press enter after booting from the linux disk ill find the link for you and give it to you good luck i hate messing up other people computers! :bang head

YOu need to know the admin of the LOCAL MACHINE password... did you try a blank password?

To get back to where you were "member of the traderjoes.com" domain, you need to rejoin that domain. The only way you can do that, is to be connected to the network that has the domain controler and you'll need a domain admin password to rejoin the domain.

So basically you need a local admin password to get back into the computer. Then a domain admin password to rejoin the traderjoes.com domain.

nikhsub1 said:
YOu need to know the admin of the LOCAL MACHINE password... did you try a blank password?

I tried using "admin" and "administrator" and no pass with no luck.

What now??

What
thefly
said - you havent done anything overly bad that can not be fixed, you just need to get the laptop to his work and talk to his system admin.

you know what eyesikal today is your lucky day! i found the bootable program for you that resets admin passwords

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

good luck man!

*edit* hey if this doesnt work (i have filtered internet d4mnit! and i couldent view it) try google and search for offline windows password crack and that should do the trick man *edit*

*edit* there are plenty of apps out there that can find the passwords through searching the registry and searching hashes and what not just use your best friend and i think you know who that is(google)*edit*

Last edited:
theres not much you can do, even if you had the admin password ( i did this EXACT same thing 1 month ago)

you're going to have to have his admin sort it out, luckily its not a big deal

Back