• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make DVD's smaller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crana

So ive decided to back up my movie collection (with my new 320 GB western digital :D ) The only problem is that i have alot of DVD's and after a while i will be running low on space (With each DVD around 4GB) so i was wondering is there any apps to do this? :)

Maximum PC a few months ago had a big article about this. They had a few programs in there they recommended (For LEGAL backups, which are nigh impossible with the Digital Rights Act). I use the one called No1DVD Ripper. Costs $20, and works great. They also have a free route, but I dont' have enough time to go dig through my magazines to find it (i signed up for overtime at ticketmaster today... wohoo)... when i get back... I'm sure i could dig it out and find thier free way of doing it.

Cool thanks, and btw they are my DVD's (Legally bought, mostly from play.com)

i prefer dvdshrink :-D
you can shrink the dvd's to size of your choice and keep menu's ect

I have DVD Shrink already, but what i want is to also have the DVD in .avi (or similar format) so i dont have to mess around with the files

Back