• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook 2003 returned mail... why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squale

Whenever I try sending an email to this certain person on my list, I get back a failure email notice that says "The user does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) character sets." I don't know what this means.. but I only get this when trying to send mail to ONLY this one person. And then what else is weird is that this person can receive mail from everybody else no problem at all, just can't get it from me..

Is there something wrong with this persons email server that they don't like mail sent from Outlook 2003 or something?

While I don't think the Junk E-mail filter sends back responses like that, check under... Actions | Junk-Email | Junk E-mail Options | International | Blocked Encodings List.

Possibly also under... Tools | Options | "Mail Format" tab | "International Options" button | Deselect "Auto select encoding for outgoing messages" and/or change Western European (ISO) to Western European (Windows) in the "Preferred encoding for outgoing messages" field.

Last edited:
Back