• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom kits better then an assembled one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

penixor

Im curious as to which is better because i really want to get into water cooling and want the best, or atleast the best under 500$. Is buying seperate parts and assembling them better then a system that is already made? If you could also add the products that would be wonderful as well.

dude with 500$ you can create an incredible custom setup. It is much better to make your own than buy a preassembled. Read all the stickies and that should tell you what is best, and how to assemble it. And good luck

you can build the best for under $400 even!!!

CPU Block: Swiftech Storm - $75

GPU Block: Danger Den Maze4 w/ Acetal Top - $45

Pump: Swiftech MCP-655 or Danger Den D5 (same pump) - $75

Radiator: Black Ice Extreme II - $60

Res/T-Line: Danger Den Fillport & barbed "T" fitting - $15

Tubing: 10ft Clearflex60 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD (1/8" wall) - $10

Hose Clamps: Stainless steel worm drive hose clamps (one for each barb/hose connection in system) - $1/ea

Total: ~$300 USD

for $500 I would look into phase change to be honest I mean you can probably get one for that or a little more. Then you can still watercool your gfx card if you want to. Also for a radiator look at the Thermochill 120.3 if you have that much cash. Also please post your rig for us (specs that is).

For $500, definantly look to phase change cooling. I built an excelent watercooling system for under $150, using a homemade block on my cpu and gpu, a heatercore, homemade reservoir and a Dannermag 3 pump.

Back