• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Kill Sound Ads in AIM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Do not suggest me to get a new AIM client like Trillian, because I have tried them all and I don't like any of them.

So that said, I hate when those stupid sound enabled adds pop in, is there anyway to just stop them completely? Freeware is best

turn off the sound :D

why do you hate the other clients? just wondering

i am pretty sure that you can get a hacked up freeware version of AIM somewhere, just not sure where

they never seemed to have the ease of use like AIM does and most are built as multi-platform tools, so they don't have enough features

dicecca112 said:
they never seemed to have the ease of use like AIM does and most are built as multi-platform tools, so they don't have enough features

I hate to suggest another client after you asked not to, but I felt the same as you. I hated the aim sound ads, and I hated the other aim clients. I use gaim now though, it is not hard to switch from, and it has all the features I use in aim and more (like word style spell check, built in tabs, drag it to the edge of the screen and it docks).

or you can try to find an old version of aim and aim++ or the free version of deadaim. idk if they still blocks all ads though as they are old. http://oldversion.com/ should have the older AIM clients. You can buy newer deadaim for current clients, its about $5 i think.

Back