• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Ultra water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya man. the new revisions of maze4 (non-aluminum) are the best for a gpu block, IMVHO, and you've got a few choices for full-cover including dangerden, koolance (aluminum topped with small barbs), and there's a guy at xs.org who makes very nice ones and ever after shipping to USA they're cheaper than DD blocks.

i did the new maze 4 and now im in the top 10 3dmard03 #10 lol i did a modified bios and pencil voltage mod to get there though. run high 30,s C idle :)

Stay away from the SLI combo that dangerdan came out with....its just way overpriced IMO *blushes* i still might get it formyself tho :)

I have a DD NV-68 on my XFX 6800 GT and it made a significant difference to the running temps of my PC.
Although I don't have two cards (yet!) I still got the SLI version because of the tube routing options it offers.

With the stock XFX cooler my idle temps were in the low 50's, rising to the upper 60's when loaded.
The NV-68 lowered the temps to the low 30's...never breaking 45 under load.

Yes it's expensive, but it works well and is very impressive looking to boot.

outhouse said:
i did the new maze 4 and now im in the top 10 3dmard03 #10 lol i did a modified bios and pencil voltage mod to get there though. run high 30,s C idle :)

Awesome, I was just going to post a thread asking the best waterblock for a 6800GT as well :D.
So it sounds like the Maze4's are the best around, but what are you guys using for memory cooling? The original memory heatsinks or some other after market heatsinks?

With my Maze 4 Chrome top on the 6800GT there is good clearance to fit RAMsinks on all 8 chips. I used the Vantec Copper BGA RAMsinks but OCZ or Tweakmonster will also work. I have tested my card to 410/1100 okay.

If you are thinking of SLI then there is a Low Profile Maze 4 but not sure of its RAM clearance.

I was thinking about the OCZ ramsinks as well when I was posting. Just wasn't sure if there was a new kid in town that was better :). IMHO the tweakmonster's aren't that great. I got a bunch of them and used them on my 9600xt a while back and they didn't do anything but make it run hotter :-/.

Back