• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Watercooling Under $300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Motoxpro32s

Registered
I dont want to spend over $300 on this and I want somthing that will be easy to put together becuase im a noobie :). I have a full-tower case I dont want to have to cut it or mod it in any way. I was thinking about getting the Asetek WaterChill With the 3 fans (284 at frozencpu) because I wanted GPU(Radeon x800 XT PCI-E) and CPU(P4 3.0 LGA775), I dont really care bout the chipset becuase I dont know how to overclock that lol. And one last question: If I got that waterchill kit would it be betetr than any aircooling solution I could buy? Thanks

This is another example of the forum's bias: You can put together your own kit cheaper.
For a setup like that a bottem end watercooling will run $150 and you'll be better off spending ~$200 on parts. What parts you decide on I won't choose for you but I would go with something like a MCW6002, a 2-302 or 2-342 heatercore(shrouded with two 120mm fans), and a MCP655(not sure where to get them, not active in finding current parts at the moment. And make sure to check w/ the forum to see if it really is a 655, I just saw one that was labled a 655 but was really a 650) or 350. As for a videocard block I can't tell you, I've no interest in waterblocks for videocards I don't have. :)
Also, about your chipset, if you overclock anything your overclocking your chipset. Its not something you overclock seperatly. Though if you think about it, it could be considered the only part you really overclock and everything else is along for the ride.

AND:
:welcome: To the forums, Enjoy your stay!

Hang out on the forums a while, read the stickies, and you will get a good idea of what you can put together yourself, and for how much.

You don't need to spend $300 on water cooling. It all depends on how much if any modding you want to do, and how much shopping around you do.

Jas: come on man you can tell him that using pms

Sunrunner20 suggested a very good setup for the money there. For the videocard you can get the Maze 4 from Danger Den which will give you top of the line performance for a good price. And last but not least WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Back