• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shave a few hundred off....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Son1990

Ok. Im very new to water cooling and my knowledge is of the bare-necesseries of water cooling. I have comprised the following list of compnents I would like in my water cooling system but it is a very hefty price which I cant afford :bang head . please take a look and shave off a good few hundred. Hard drive coolers are not manditory but if someone can point me to a cheaper pair that would help.

Aqua Computer Aquatube *64.95*
faceplate *14.95*

PolarFLO TT Series Pump (317 GPH) *129.99*

Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator *99.00*

Danger Den Maze4 SLI GPU Water Cooling System - 1/2" ID *116.99*

DangerDen TDX 1/2" Copper Water Block - Athlon64 *52.99*

PolarFLO TT Series 1/2" Universal Chipset Chrome water block *69.99*

PrimoFlex 1/2" ID PVC UV Blue Tubing *2.00*

Koolance HD-50-L06 Hard Drive Cooler *54.99* x2

tube cutter?

fittings?

Fluid?

^^^ also point me in the direction of the question marked items.

Im not looking for an "under ???" price but a lower price then what you see before you. All products above are priced at frozen cpu. Any other information,suggestions,feedback and etc. would be appreciated.

~Ken

I would forget the HDD coolers AND the chipset block.
Replace the radiator with a Weapon core/shroud/fan assy. (see the Classifieds).

Is the Aqua-Computer stuff 1/2" compatable?

The aqua is compatible with anything.

I guess I can forget the hdd coolers but chipste fan is mad loud.
(can i look in the classifieds? dont i need 100 posts?)

Son1990 said:
Where the heck are the classifieds :)

It will be available to you after a couple more posts. Can't remember what the exact number is, whatever it is for the third star postcount badge.

Looking forward to checking out his work myself.

Son1990 said:
The aqua is compatible with anything.
Hmmm....I thought all their stuff was meant for small-bore tubing.

Son1990 said:
I guess I can forget the hdd coolers but chipste fan is mad loud.
(can i look in the classifieds? dont i need 100 posts?)
All of the PCIe boards that I've seen and my current SLI board (DFI) have the video card(s) overlapping the chipset. It doesn't even look possible to have a waterblock fit in there, but I could be wrong.

I see where your coming from about the chipset block. I knew it would be really tight if i got it because the cards are pretty much right over it...thanks for the advice.

Ditch the Aqua reservoir and pump, too...you don't want them. Replace the pump with a D5, or if you want something even cheaper, a Danner Mag 3.

The Polar Flo pump uses a Laing D4, it just has a "blinged up" face plate. The D5 is Laing's new revision of the D4. Slightly more powerful, VERY quiet, and has built in speed adjustment. The D5 is the current top rung 12v pump. (NOTE: the Swiftech mcp655 is the same thing as a D5).

A D5 will run you around $80. And is available at most online retailers who sell water cooling equipment.

A reservior is not needed. However if you truly have your heart set on one, you can find other ones much cheaper. DD has bay reserviors around $25 for example.

The cheapest alternative is a T line.

Son1990 said:
you dont need a res?

No, a Res is not a requirment.

There are basically 2 ways (well 3 actually, but filling a true closed loop is not easy). You can use a res, opr what is commonly called a "t-line". A T line is simply a T coupling generally placed before the pump that has it's top line going up and acting as a fill port. the short version is, you fill the loop through the T-Line, cycle the pump a few times to get the loop full, then run the loop for a while to bleed the air out.

A res is simply another way to fill and bleed a system. A res will generalyl fill and bleed a system faster than a T-Line will, however they cost more, and take up real estate inside your case (unless you go external).

Hang out on the forums so more, and take some time to read through the stickies and you will learn all the info you need to know.

Son1990 said:
Aqua Computer Aquatube *64.95*
faceplate *14.95*

PolarFLO TT Series Pump (317 GPH) *129.99*

Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator *99.00*

Danger Den Maze4 SLI GPU Water Cooling System - 1/2" ID *116.99*

DangerDen TDX 1/2" Copper Water Block - Athlon64 *52.99*

PolarFLO TT Series 1/2" Universal Chipset Chrome water block *69.99*

PrimoFlex 1/2" ID PVC UV Blue Tubing *2.00*

Koolance HD-50-L06 Hard Drive Cooler *54.99* x2

tube cutter?

fittings?

You can scratch the Polar TT Pump and get urself Danger Den D5 or swiftech MP650 or Mp655 pump. and they are 79.99. You don't need Hard Drive block they waste flow and extra tubing. you don't need an crome chipset waterblock just get yourself a regular. you don't need a tube cutter and for you fittings go to a nearest hardware store and find em there. they are cheaper there. if you are gunna shop on a budge creat a budget and work on it.

I can recomend against the Danner Mag 3. Its an awesome pump, if you don't have clamps it will blow the tubes off of your blocks, but it is by no means quiet.

Back