• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RBX Nozzles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

It's been awhile since I've seen any news on the which nozzle performs best. Is it still #4 and #5 for the RBX? What's the critera for choosing?

Thanks

yeah those are still the best nozzles around but IIRC they need high flow to be effective. I personally do not think its worth it from my own testing and stuff maybe 1-2C at most. However you risk a leaky block so I would stay away from changing em.

The test done at pro cooling showed the #4 and #5 to be the best. I believe the #5 was the best across the board even with lower powered pump (low pressure pumps gave very little difference between the nozzles, as in within 1c).

It's not that tough to take apart the block, but you MUST leak test. If you seat the O-ring incorectly it can make your life miserable.

Jas said:
The test done at pro cooling showed the #4 and #5 to be the best. I believe the #5 was the best across the board even with lower powered pump (low pressure pumps gave very little difference between the nozzles, as in within 1c).

It's not that tough to take apart the block, but you MUST leak test. If you seat the O-ring incorectly it can make your life miserable.

However if the performance difference is miniscule why take the risk?

i had to re-order them becuase the original insert appeared in my loop one day... what's the measurment of having a high flow rate? i have a semi restrictive loop, but the gpu and the cpu are on diff pumps. the cpu loop is a mag3 but i use the ns6 quick disconnect fittings that reduce flow..

Yeah, that's the nozzle I was using anyhow. I was thinking about switching to #4 but not sure if I have the pressure for it.

SewerBeing said:
Yes you have enough pressure for it and you can even use #5 which provides better temps.

I goofed and mis-read the #2 and #5 backwards. #5 being the spray design. I fitted that in and will leak test. I think I should have ordered the copper top while I was at it. The dang lucit eblock is going to crack on me one of these days. Ohwell. live and learn. Thanks for the advice.

Back