• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage adapter for MCP600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strages

I've got an MCP600 in my system right now and I want to over-volt it to ~13.8v. I would look for a voltage adapter of some kind, but I don't know what to look for or where to find it :-/. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

A couple people(did Stew start this?) have been using dc-dc adapters to get 12->~13.8.

Worth a look,wall worts and similar are obvious answers as well.

ls7corvete said:
A couple people(did Stew start this?) have been using dc-dc adapters to get 12->~13.8.

Worth a look,wall worts and similar are obvious answers as well.

I found a meanwell S-25-15 psu, which is a 25w, 15v external psu that will fit in a spare CDROM bay (which may pose a slight problem for me :-/), but I was hoping to maybe find a smaller solution of some kind. Is the dc-dc adapter what I just mentioned or is it something slightly different? If not, where can I find such a device?

Gah, I wish I paid enough attention to overvolting/undervolting to know this stuff already :(.

Strages said:
I found a meanwell S-25-15 psu, which is a 25w, 15v external psu that will fit in a spare CDROM bay (which may pose a slight problem for me :-/), but I was hoping to maybe find a smaller solution of some kind. Is the dc-dc adapter what I just mentioned or is it something slightly different? If not, where can I find such a device?

Yeah, that's perhaps the best device to use for that purpose.

Back