• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sticky take over?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ls7corvete

They are taking over again. We need a serious solution to this, something like a couple people serious about a big project to combine them.

Personaly I think that the quality of our stickies should be alot higher than what it is, especially for the amount of traffic and knowledgeable people that come here.

we have a sticky section so why are they on the main page, but yes your right it needs to be done. If I had more knowledge I'd do it.

I would do it as well but I do not want to abandon the work of the sticky makers before me and I have yet to figure out a clean way to integrate all the work without simple re-writting it.

I do think the replacement sticky/stickys should have a link section to past threads/stickys so those new to the forums can quickly research topics for themselves.

Around half the stickies should be in the sticky subforum.

And one, "Water Cooling Info" sticky with links to all stickies might work?

Threads to go into sticky subforum?

"If your temps are too high"
Basic Guide to Commonly Used Tubing
Where to get Water Cooling Supplies

Create a new thread with links to all the stickies:
"The WaterCooling Thread : Start Here"

Here is a starting point for you :)

David said:
Water Cooling
Water Blocks and Rigs

Wow, David, that is excellent. I think your idea is a very good one. One sticky at the top of the main WC section with those links/explainations in it.

dicecca112 said:
Dave you pretty much did the bulk of the work for him

You can bet I will be copying most of that.

Pls help me out guys, links to informative threads are appreciated, I want as many as I can get here, sticky or not.

Plus, how do I get the colors to work on the hyperlinks??

dicecca112 said:
Dave you pretty much did the bulk of the work for him

Said work had been done already, for a different project. Which should come to fruition soon :)

Not being picky or anything :), but that "reservoir or t-line" link leads to the old poll. Wouldn't linking to the new one be more beneficial? And, while I haven't gone though both threads to compare the "quality" of the posts in each, I really doubt there's a significant difference....

Edit: I have no idea what the policy is for linking to posts on other sites, but Cathar's thread "How Much Pump Is Enough" over at ProCooling really is a must read.

Last edited:
MVC said:
Not being picky or anything :), but that "reservoir or t-line" link leads to the old poll. Wouldn't linking to the new one be more beneficial? And, while I haven't gone though both threads to compare the "quality" of the posts in each, I really doubt there's a significant difference....

Edit: I have no idea what the policy is for linking to posts on other sites, but Cathar's thread "How Much Pump Is Enough" over at ProCooling really is a must read.

Agreed, he did repost that info here I believe, if anyone has that link I would appreciate it. The link to the old and new res/T poll would be helpfull too.

I think I am out for the night, I will look for a thread on HC/Rad performance with different fans and then I will continue work tommorrow.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=397566

A lot of the threads still hold wideheld generalisations that are way off the ball... A complete re-write really is in order, but;

A) who will do it,
B) who will maintain and moderate it, because the quality of some of the stuff thats being stuck is questionable...
C)I know I'm going to get flamed for saying that and the original thread writers are going to feel insulted (its crit guys, not an insult)

Personally id like to see 4 or 5 threads, then links to other stuff...

1) buying guide
2) How to set up, leaktest, check your flow rate, bleed, and general set up advice
3) 'my temps are too high, what do i do?' thread
4) A basic discussion of watercooling theory
5) A more advanced discussion of watercooling theory
6) A links section to more specific things such as modding a heatercore, making shrouds, making res's, modifying pumps and the like.

The main problem right now as i see it, is the perpetuatal regurigation of 'beliefs' rather than pure facts... watercooling IS a science, not a set of beliefs.

I'd be for a set of low-power mods who only have mod power over the stickies

if a team of such were to be created, the sticky forum could be moderated rather effectively, distributing the workload.

people with attention to the physics behind watercooling would by primary canidates

I may not be around as much as I have in the past, but you all did have the option of bringing this to my attention. Hopefully my record has shown a willingness to add to, subtract from and rearrange the structural layout of the stickies. If someone sees something that deserves being stuck, let me (or another mod) know. If you think one of the stickies is outdated and no longer warrants being stuck, let me know that (and in either case give the reasons why). I respect the individual initative shown here but there will come a point where you need someone in green to actually carry out stuff.

So, what should go and why?

Where to get water cooling supplies - Just too old

Flowrate...-again, old and also not well put together, a good thread but a sticky should be built specificly to inform ppl, Rogers is better.

A Guide on How to Mount A D-Tek White Water with Pics- Very few are still using the WW

Also the polls I would like to see replaced.

A Guide on How to Mount A D-Tek White Water with Pics- Very few are still using the WW

Disagree with you reasoning, there but the pictures don't work so its useless. I don't know how the new universals ship, but mine shipped with directions

The pics in the "how to mount a WW" thread do work. You just have to click the links. ;) I do, however, think it's out of date. The sticky only covers installation with the 478 P4 mounting plate adaptor. Now D-tek uses a universal plate which mounts differently.

Back