• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange errors in VLC media player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

A few days ago i did a format so my windows and all my software and drivers are fresh and shiny.

I didn't used VLC for awhile, but today i installed an old package (few months) and it kept crashing on me. Whenever i played a movie windows would go 'VLC has caused and error and will be terminated' after about 10 - 15 seconds.

I downloaded the latest installer and it got down to maybe once every 5 - 10 minutes. It doesn't seem to be the file's fault, it happens on different times and with different files. Hardware is perfectly stabile, and as said, all the software is fresh.

Ideas?

sounds like one of your other players are causing a conflict. Did you fresh install with sp2 slipstreamed and updated? weird. I tried the newest version on two machines and neither had any issues.

el said:
sounds like one of your other players are causing a conflict. Did you fresh install with sp2 slipstreamed and updated? weird. I tried the newest version on two machines and neither had any issues.

I don't have any other players installed besides Windows Media Player and VLC and my whole pc is fresh. I have SP1 and the smaller security fixes updated.

el said:
what does the dxdiag say? any problems with the tests/setup?

dxdiag seems fine (sorry for the late reply lol).

I tried the option: 'Reset All VLC settings and quit' and the errors got less, but they still occur sometimes.

Okay, located the problem...apparantly the new version of VLC wasn't happy with my audio drivers so i updated those and it's fine now.

Back