• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Barb Waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

A friend wants me to help him setup some WCing but he is wanting to get a Dtek WW. I have never dealt with 3 barbs though. I would assume the 2 outside barbs are for intake while the center one is for outtake?

It's the other way around. The center barb is for intake, and the outer two are for exhaust. The center barb on a WhiteWater forces water through a jet over the CPU core creating tubulence where it is needed most. ;)

Maybe its a pet peeve of mine, but when dealing with liquids, typically they are refered to as inlet and outlet.

The center barb is the inlet, and the two outer barbs are outlets.

3 barbed blocks are a huge pain to deal with, and somehting like a 6002 (Swiftec) will our preform the 3 barbed blocks, with 1 less barb.

no one my damn polar tt performed so badly. i thought the one of the outer one was outlet while other two were inlets. damn i was so wrong. because of that kind of temps i was getting i pretty much chaged the block and the res.

The RBX is a nice block, but it's a pain to work with--the three barbs are cumbersome, but the main problem is that it's so narrow. Getting a good mount is much more difficult than it appears. FWIW, I pulled mine when I installed my new G5 and while I had thought to use it in another system, right now I'm thinking it'll live out its life in my spare parts box.

For current blocks, take a look at Swiftech's version of the G4, performance and "ease of use" should be superb.

WOW thanks for making this thread man, I had my WW hooked up as 2 intake/1 outtake! Wonder why my temps werent as good as I expected. Guess I'll go fix that right now and I'll post results if anyone wants any :D

MVC said:
The RBX is a nice block

The TDX outperforms it, with 1 less barb, and is slightly easier to mount.

I still don't like how small they are. Makes them hard to work with.

{PMS}fishy said:
The TDX outperforms it, with 1 less barb, and is slightly easier to mount.

I still don't like how small they are. Makes them hard to work with.
My response was basically in contrast to Hainer36's--I wouldn't buy an RBX again. Hell, I own one and I doubt I'll ever USE it again.

But, FWIW, where have you seen a real review (not a puff piece) that has the TDX beating the RBX in performance? Every review I've ever seen that compares these two blocks head-to-head shows the RBX performing slightly better than the TDX. But, considering how difficult it is to get a good mount I really don't think that slight performance gain is worth all the additional effort.

Back