• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay Alternatives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

I want to sell alot of my current computer parts, but not a whole lot of it is stuff that most OCers want, is there any alternative to Ebay?

I know about bid.com and craigslist, but are there more?

craigslist is the worst place to sell/buy stuff.
Might as well take a gun with you if you are going to meet each other, and the other party decides to run away.

haha, I know, thats why I'm avoiding craigs list.

Is Amazon fairly simple to set up? Ebay just decided to require(credit/debit) Cards to get in, which I don't have :p.

Meh, requires a CC there to :p.

yes craigslist is the best and the worst. if you're somewhat large and street smart you can use craigslist. I make a ton of money buying laptops (and parts) on craigslist and reselling on ebay. around 600 a week of off the books cash, and more on top of that using the computer gigs section. Beats flipping burgers.

If you list anything worth over 10 bucks expect 5 emails from nigerian scammers, but how hard is it to press delete.

craigslist you're less likely to get ripped off you can physically inspect the item before handing over any cash, and if you have common sense you get the other guy's name and number so if anything fishy is with the item in the long run you can track him down and bust him locally

There is nothing even close to ebay in what they do, and close to craigslist in what they do. 2 very powerful tools which can be great if you can use them together.

I use bidville.com ; nowhere near the buyer traffic of ebay, but the plus is no listing fees and no fees to relist (up to 20x on a single auction).

craigslist is the worst place to sell/buy stuff.
Might as well take a gun with you if you are going to meet each other, and the other party decides to run awa

I have had nothing but good experiences.
Sold my car in a week for full asking price on craigslist- to nice people too :)

Dylruss said:
What about Overstock.com? Never used it, but it is an alternative. http://auctions.overstock.com/

Dylruss, stay AWAY!! from Overstock!! Run, don't walk, away from Overstock!! Do NOT pass Go, do NOT collect (you won't anyway) $200.

I tried to buy 4 different things on OS. Item 1 was a stack of 4 IBM laptops, and went smooth. #2 was a battery, for the same. Seller was deleted, right after I sent my money, so I was nervous as hell, but it came.

Item 3 and 4 were another lappy, and a hard drive, from the same guy. When I bidded, he was advertising that he took Paypal, but by the time the auction ended, that was removed. I emailed him and told him I wanted a secure way to pay. He responded that he didn't have one. He also said that his Paypal priveleges were revoked. (What a MORON!) I told him that I was going to cancel, and I immediately notified OS, and told them the same.

He had about 100 lappies for sale, and alsop had another 100 sales listed, but only 4 feedback, one of tham was bad.

2 days later, he was also banned, and the sales were pulled.

I have no idea what happened to the other sales, but I didn't get taken.

One more thing, OS is THE place to go, to get HOT jewelry! Or fake purses.

steve

oceanfr: but they are looking for a place to sell, and www.trademe.co.nz don't allow people to list stuff for sell if they live outside NZ. (I wish they do, so that will hopefully drive the price down and allow me to buy things in NZ without going to ebay or asking for help from someone in US)

Ebay isn't so bad to sell, I just hate paypal. In fact, paypal has had me on their collections for almost a year for a $1200 laptop scam, which I certainly am not going to pay them. Bottom line:
www.paypalsucks.com

Back