• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UGH! Did I break my memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
I recently bought 512 megs of corsair pc2400 memory. I had it running at 145mhz at 2-2-2 and it was working fine. I just ran a memory benchmark in sandra and found my scores to be 465/594! I ran this benchmark earlier and noticed I was significantly above pc2100 c2 w/amd 760 chipset. Now I am as low as pc133. Did I break my memory or something? How can I resolve this?

What is another good benchmark utility for memory? This decrease I noticed occurred after running burn in on sandra for memory, cpu, and multi media while simultaneously running 3dmark 2001 for about an hour.

And no, I didn't actually check my scores while running 3dmark. I did this at another time.

Are you sure you don't have more programs running in the background than you did the first time? Just turning of mbm gave me about another 30mb/s. Check your bios settings again, and make sure they didn't get reset somehow.

The BIOS setting was the first thing I checked. They HAD been reset, so I put them back to the setting I had it on before and got the same result:(. I thought it may be due to other programs running, but the only program I had running at the time that was not run before was norton anti virus. I even disabled that, but it was still in my tray. Norton couldn't reduce my performance THAT much, could it?

Ok, my memory scores still seem insanely low, so I'm going to post some images here to help show what is going on and (hopefully) someone will be able to figure out what I did wrong. I have my fsb up to 145mhz @2-2-2 (I dont know where to get other ddr timings in my bios yet). I am also attacking a pic of my task manager to show all the threads running on my computer. I think the only things that are new there are threads for my printer spool and for norton anti virus, which it wont let me shut down.

..and another

oh, and photoshp.exe shouldnt be there. I opened that after the benchmark to make the image.

Back