• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg vs. ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Over the last few years I have been ordering my computer parts almost exclusively from Newegg unless it was a dire emergency and I could get it in town.

I was just wondering is there other vendors out there that have as good of service and pricing? I hate not shopping around a bit.

monarch is up there as well as some other companies. but no company has shipping, service as well as consistent competitive pricing

I've been pleased with Shop4Tech.com for media and DVD cases... very pleased. Their order tracking system is very comparable to NewEgg.

If you are looking for higher end media, I've dealt with American-Digital for years... they're top-notch.

Just so you know, if there is anything Newegg can do for you to make your ordering experience any better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Our door is always open to listen to you and help you with any situation that may emerge.

We truly value each and every one of our customers, and appreciate any feedback that will help us improve in any way.

Thank You,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

Monarch pc
zipzoom fly
outpost.com
directron.com

Are all decent- newegg is probably the best- but I will sometimes order from others if the price is right.

Newegg Support said:
Just so you know, if there is anything Newegg can do for you to make your ordering experience any better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Our door is always open to listen to you and help you with any situation that may emerge.

We truly value each and every one of our customers, and appreciate any feedback that will help us improve in any way.

Thank You,
:eek:

Busted.... No, I love Newegg! Just looking for someone to price compare against ya..Keeps ya on your toes :D

I don't think there is a place on the web that can compare to NewEgg's selection, not to mention their pricing, shipping, and support.

Newegg Support said:

Thank You,

There is something you can do for me.....

Sell me the following
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
XFX PVT45GUDF3 Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

For $750.
:santa:

nealric said:
Monarch pc
zipzoom fly
outpost.com
directron.com

Are all decent- newegg is probably the best- but I will sometimes order from others if the price is right.

Well, 3 out of 4 isn't all that bad, but as far as Outpost is concerned;

My money is too good for them! It will be a freezing day in Honolulu, before I buy ANYTHING from them! Almost the same goes for Fry's, as well.

Here's my reason. Back when I started with this hobby/obsession, I wanted to get an ABIT TH711 socket 478 board. Outpost had, what they advertised as a P4 socket 478 ABIT TH711 board, for the amazing price of $75. So, I ordered one.

When it came, it was the P4 socket 423 TH7 board.

When I complained, they did refund my money, but they continued to list it as the TH711. 2 weeks later, after a few more complaints, they finally got around to changing the listing.

As far as Fry's, well, you all know about their nasty practice of re-wrapping stuff, and just putting it back on the shelves, when it is returned because of problems. Since that time, I only get stuff that isn't electronic in nature, like blank media, DVD movies, music CDs, AS5, and stuff like zip-ties

The reason Fry's is tied in with Outpost, in my post, they are the same company.

steve

skou said:
Well, 3 out of 4 isn't all that bad, but as far as Outpost is concerned;

My money is too good for them! It will be a freezing day in Honolulu, before I buy ANYTHING from them!

Ditto... I will NEVER order from Outpost.com again. I ordered an X800 soon after they came out and foolishly placed the order on my debit card... I *preach* to people the value of ording online with a credit card, but did I listen to myself? Noooooooooooooooo....

Outpost finally 'fessed up after weeks and weeks of waiting that they had no idea when they'd be able to replenish their stock of the video card. When I ordered it was in-stock according to their website. The most frustrating thing is that they kept my money onhold with my bank... having $350 tied up isn't going to kill me, but the fact that they inconvenienced me AND tied up my money for that long a period of time has put them on my PERMANENT blacklist.

I'm sure other people can bring their Outpost.com horror stories as well.

Also, I concur with the ZipZoomFly mention too... I've had very good experience with them and used to order everything through them (they used to be googlegear.com) until I started using NewEgg almost exclusively.

I used to shop using price as my only criteria. The cheapest merchant won my money. Since dealing with NewEgg, I also include service and speed of delivery... I know what to expect with NewEgg and I'll often use them even if the end price is a little more.

I agree that frys can be nasty with stuff like that.

Their prices are often unbeatable for certain items. You are much better off if you can go to the store rather than ordering from outpost.com.

skou said:
My money is too good for them! It will be a freezing day in Honolulu, before I buy ANYTHING from them! Almost the same goes for Fry's, as well.

I've lived in hawaii for almost all my life, it has been freezing, not snow, but really cold in honolulu before....so I guess you bought something from them :D

ryufreak said:
I've lived in hawaii for almost all my life, it has been freezing, not snow, but really cold in honolulu before....so I guess you bought something from them :D

A cold day in Honolulu, is about 55 degrees.

I also lived there,for a few years, too.

steve

Back