• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RODI Water for cooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MmCheeto

I had a question. I know Distilled water is allways recomended for the cooling solution but sence I have a RO/DI water filter system set up for my tanks allready wouldnt that be a little better? The RO/DI units filter water almost to nothing as far as pure water goes. The one I am using is this witch uses 1micron filters and have a 99.9% pure water from the finish. The idea is basicly the same from one application to another. SW fishtank needs to be compleatly sterile to introduce it in to the tank so algie additive is not needed but I would still use it for the computer anyways.

Any thoughts or comment about this?
Take care :santa:

di water is fine. they say that it reclaims ions from the copper in the loop causing some corrosion but you would need to flush and refill your loop thousands of times to see any effect so no worry

Use whatever you got and put a 5% additive(anti-corrosion/antifreeze) to be on the safe side.

No worries for most people- those not running mixed metals.

Back