• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this Order OK for my setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wffsoccer

Registered
I have the thread with the stacker case and after considering prices and the fact that i am still a n00b :shrug: , i think that this is what I am going to go with

Pump - D-TEK MAG 12v Pump
Rad - Bonneville 77 Heatcore
CPU block - White Water Waterblock with USMA Adapter
Tubing - Clearflex 3/8"
UV additive

thats it for now, i will probably add a res when i find just what im looking for
and help ASAP is appreciated.
thx

Ok change the pump for a D5 or MCP655, change the CPU block for a Swiftech Storm. Aslo change the tubing for 7/16"ID 5/8"OD tubing found on page 82 at McMaster Also go with 1/2"OD barbs on the Storm. Rad is nice remember to either buy a sground or make one for it. Lastly a t-line will work just as well as a res and cost less.

my pump is 40 bucks less than the swiftec pump, same with the CPU block, i think ill stick with those, not worth the huge price dif.

thx anyway

I would not use a res since in my opinion its just another piece that can break on you. I like using a T-Line which is just a T fitting, piece of tubing and a cap. Also as far as the cpu blocks go you are losing a lot of performance by sticking with that at least consider this block if you are worried about your budget.

wffsoccer said:
my pump is 40 bucks less than the swiftec pump

There is a reason it's cheaper. I know last year people were having problems with this pump. Also over the years we have found out more head is better and that pump has a 7.5foot head on it. I used to ahve the D-Tek whitewater as well but changed it for a LRWB G4 and havn't looked back since.

Back