• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermalRight XP-90C & ASUS P5WD2 Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d.chatten

Does anyone know if the XP-90C will the fit on the P5WD2 Premium and if it will fit is there any problems anyone has had while fitting one, such as components getting in the way of the of the XP-90C that i need to be aware of.

It should fit, but I'm just guessing. See if you can get a mod to move this thread to the Asus mobo section. You might get more and better responses over there.

Thanks for the reply but i wasn't shure which section to post this thread in because it's a motherboard and cooler related thread.

It will fit, had one onmy P5AD2-E Premium and the boards around the CPU socket are the same. You just need the LGA adapter.

yes, it could go into cooling too... but you are currently in the general Intel mobo section. There is a specific Asus mobo section too. Have you tried doing a search to see if anyone is using the XP-90C on your mobo. I'm pretty sure I've seen folks using the XP-120 on the P5WD2, which of course is a bigger heatsink.

Well, if it's anything like the P5GD2 in layout, you should be able to put it on there. However, due to one of the onboard 'fanless' coolers, and especially with the special LGA775 mounting bracket, there are only 2 directions you can have it turned. Works on mine just fine...

Well i got my ThermalRight XP-90C and it went on my mobo with no problems what so ever.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

d.chatten said:
Well i got my ThermalRight XP-90C and it went on my mobo with no problems what so ever.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Could you please tell me your temps you got with this cooler (what kind of fan do you use?)?! Please state mobo idle/load and CPU idle/load temps...

Merkor said:
Could you please tell me your temps you got with this cooler (what kind of fan do you use?)?! Please state mobo idle/load and CPU idle/load temps...
My temps are, CPU 36c idle/46c load, mobo 32c idle/38c load, and the fan i'm using is a Zalman ZMF2 92mm running at 1900rpm using ASUS Q-fan but it can run as low as 1600rpm if i turn ASUS Q-fan off and use the adaptor that came with the fan or as high as 2800rpm with ASUS Q-fan turned off and without the adaptor that came with the fan.

Hope this helps!

Back