• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lanparty 875B for 2 boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

i have the opportunity to trade my (on its way, paid 45 bucks for it as well) DFI LanParty 875 B (s478) for Asus P4C800-E Dlx and a Abit IC7-Max3 both apparently with no problems, and this is a straight up trade! no money outa my pocket, 2 of his boards for 1 of mine... should i do it?

also i wanna know which board is the easiest (not extremely hard to oc it, and too get it too high lvl's of oc) compaired to my old board (now sold to pay for the DFI) P4P800SE

anyone? and the asus board has an aftermarket northbridge heatsink on it (gonna be removed for wc'ing anyways) and the max 3 is fresh from rma

3 days after original post, and 2 after previous, come on i need to know if i should or not trade my DFI LanParty 875B (s478) for a Asus P4C800-E-DLX and a Abit IC7 Max 3

Go for it!! Both of those boards will allow higher vcore which pressys need to achieve high overclocks. The DFI board will not go higher than 1.52 on the vcore before some sort of OVP kicks in. Check out DFI street and you will see what i mean. ASUS is still releasing Bios upgrades for the deluxe. see the asus thread here. On both boards - sink all mosfets!!!!!

im not so much good with modding electrical stuff as i am making a case :D, so i wouldnt be sinking any mosfets....unless there is someone in my area that could do that for me and gaurentee that it would work, other than that, it would be un-modded

sinking mosfets is not electrical it really just placeing heatsinks on your board. it will make your overclock more stable with prescotts.

oh the board already has heatsinks on the mosfets :D
pics of it
IMG_0089.jpg

i thought when ya said that, that it meant a droop mod....but sinking...duh.....i know how to do that..but its already done :D

Back