• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop length will effect what? ( rad relocation )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Syndicate

My LL pc7b prevents me from installing a radiator in it , I have a thermochill .3 and a boneville 2x120mm radiator , both of them have centaur 120mm 12v 800ma fans on them and pull some serious air , unfortunately it sounds like a hurricane is in my room . I wanted to take the 3/8 hose and route the radiators into a cabinet I have , and dynamat the inside .. will adding about 4 extra feet total of tygon / vynil / masterkleer effect temps?

Depends on your pump.

If you have a low powered pump it possibly could. Not a major swing, but a degree or two coudl be possible.

But before we speculate, what pump are you using?

ehiem 1250 ( cabinet is directly below the computer so i dont think head height matters to much besides the extra pressure

Syndicate: the pump is already struggling with that loop as it is 2 blocks + 2 rads are not going to play nicely here especially since you want to add more tubing. I suggest you upgrade your pump to deal with all of that and get better temps to boot. I would take a look at the MCP655 or the Danner Mag 3 if you have a lack of money.

Im going to remove the heater core and just use the TC .3 .

So thats the tdx ( removing pelt , summer is causing to much condensation ) and the maze4 plus the rad and about 5 feet total in the whole loop once its done. if i was at home i would take pictures =( stupid work

ok that should work fine then again you might see a drop in temps if you use a stronger pump (mainly the MCP655 I linked to above). However it will not be necessary and your eheim should give decent performance. Sorry about the confusion above I thought you were going to use both.

Yes, he certainly is taking a flow rate hit. I would go as far as to say he might even be gettign HIGHER temps with the second rad, just due to flow rate loss.

The 1250 isn't a bad pump by any stretch, but its definately going to suffer going through two large radiators.

Either one of those rads shoudl be plenty powerful enough to cool your CPU. I am also curious as to why the use of the TEC? (just noticed that in your sig) and just how much wattage (heat) are you dumping into your loop from it?

If you want to quiet yoru machine down, my suggestions woudl be as follows.

Remove on of the Rads from your system (unless you have a specfic need for two, OCd SLI cards possibly?) Dump the TEC, I have a feeling you may be dumping unecessary wattage into your loop and actually causeing higher temps because of it (speculation here based off of "why are you using two rads that large?"). Shroud the rad you wish to use (if it isn't already).

If you can clarify on your loop some more though, that would be very helpful.

EDIT: Ok I see you posted some more while I was typing this up

Sounds like a good plan.

i really need to just sell the case , you cant even remove the top =/

Well the tec was dumping ALOT of heat into the system , thats why I used a secondary radiator . instead of Pump / CPU block / gfx block / radiator , i was placing a a radiator inbetween the cpu block and gfx block .

Its not a HUGE deal but i like to leave my computer on 24/7 and i can barely hear my tv over the fans before bed.

Money has never been an issue untill my car messed up, and I redid my reef tank :( Do either of you know if you can just buy the bottom alum casing somewhere that the prometia uses? ( matches with most LL cases besides the v1000 series. )

Last edited:
? The new 12v laing pumps will out do the eheim 1250? ..

Must get , v2000 , 12v pumps :( I really need 1 hobby instead of 10000 i might have money then =/.

I was a retard to thing I could mod a pc7b to fit a heater core or tc .3 AND a eheim 1250. woo 159 bucks down the crapper.

:( someone hold me :bang head

Back