• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory ratio for Intel Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dwschoon

I have a an intel D845GVSRL Motherboard with a Celeron D 330 2.66 Cpu. I can use clockgen to O/C it, but the Memory Ratio is set to 4:5 so even 160fsb is running the memory at 200. I couldnt find any setting in the bios to change it to 1:1. Is there any way to do this on this board?

It's possible that if you keep increasing the FSB, the memory ratio will change automatically.

There actually should be an option...on the Intel board I've messed with (it's an i865) there was a memory ratio option in the memory settings section.

Why do you want 1:1? I would think you'd leave it at the higher ratio if the RAM can handle it.

batboy said:
Why do you want 1:1? I would think you'd leave it at the higher ratio if the RAM can handle it.

The only method of overclocking i have is with clockgen and my ram was crapping out way before the cpu does. the ram wont handle much faster at all. I am a little frustrated with the results though. it folds faster at 2666 w/ 133fsb and 166 memory than at 3000 w/150 fsb and 150 memory. It seems QMD's rely more on memory speed than anything else.

Well...you're bound to get frustrated overclocking a board manufacturered by Intel - they just aren't built for it.

Back