• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

avi to dvd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

I am totally blanking, I have a ton of videos that I want to put on dvds that can play in a dvd player, but don't know how. Kind like a program like DvdShrink but in reverse,

I would like to know this as well. What I've been doing is making them into a .bin file with ISO Buster and then changing that into an iso with Alcohol 120%. I have a feeling there's an easier way, though.

I think either TMPGEnc and guiffmpeg should work. Just make sure you choose the correct aspect ratio. Most people usually convert their videos to mpeg to preserve the aspect ratio then use whatever burning program they have.

I just converted a couple avi videos to a DVD myself...my first time trying so...here was my experience.

AVI2DVD sucks. tons of errors that I could never solve, even with hours of google hunting.

WinAVI sucks...it was terribly slow and the quality came out TERRIBLE! I was amazed at how bad of a job it did encoding.

I tried TheFilmMachine...it seemed to do well...except I selected a 4.7gb DVD as the size (remember about 4.36gb is as big as you can get with those) ... and ended up with a 4.9+gb ISO... go figure

I was finally able to get it done with DVD2SVCD (don't listen to the name)...it does a lot of things. Unfortunatly you can't add multiple AVIs to a DVD with it. I had to comebine the video of the files then run it through the conversion. AVI2DVD or TheFilmMachine will work well for this kind of thing (even let you make menus) if you can get them to work right.

I've tried just about all of the above mentioned programs and in my opinion the best one i have ever used is DVD Santa!! Trust me, it's very easy you just select the AVI you want to convert to a DVD and when it's done it will ask you if you want to burn it, just say yes and your done.... It normally takes about an hour or so to convert it to DVD, depending on your system of coarse. I've converted hundreds of avi's to dvd using this software!!!

Here's a link to a trial version

But with the trial version you'll have a water mark of there logo on the finished DVD, but just try it to see how easy it is.

Also, Here's a link to a great site to help you out ooops, just realized this site has already been recommended...

Last edited:
It's been said, but I've used DVD2SVCD for about a year with good results. Lately I've been using AVI2DVD with equally good results. It's easier to use and has equally good output.

FYI- Either program puts my rig at full load for 3-5 hours to make a good DVD. I usually set it up when I go to bed so it's done by morning. AVI2DVD lets you que mulitple dvd easier so I can do 2-3 a night.

Back