• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus P2B-vt bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.rican.

Registered
my p2b-vt bios wont let me change jumpers its locked @x5 but on my mobo its has pins to change it up tp x8. is there another bios i can use , like the bio from b2p-fm or any onther p2b mother board since they all basicly the same?

edit: also my cpu is p3 500 mhz slot 1 tried tape mode to change voltage but not dure what volt to set at. any voltage charts out there?

Last edited:
ok i need some help . tried to update bios and when i rebooted from flashing i got no post. any way i can get it to flash the old back on? any way to get boot screen ? plz any help me i think im stuck but not sure .

:welcome: :welcome: TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!

Well first off, since u cant boot anymore its prolly too late to run CPU-Z (it will give you the voltages)

Sounds like you have an older rig that has multiplier jumpers, i'd avoid messing with those jumpers untill u know the max of the cpu... esp considering ur current situation, better to create only one problem at a time :p makes the troubleshooting easier.

Also if you pull the CMOS battery for a minute or so it should re-set the factory settings - i think -... i also think there may be an issue of abad flash to bios, never had that problem but if its not even posting, the only thing i can think of is to pull the battery.

Someone else please back me up or offer this guy another option or two as im not too confident the battery will fix things.

thx steve i'm trying this as i type this ill post what happens

edit: i did get it to oc to 600mhz using softfsb but read it would do 850+ mhz

Last edited:
pulled battery no luck still nothing , is there any way to flash old bios back without it posting . well if not does any one have a p2b-vm thats just collecting dust :)

update

ok I just ordered the p2b-l board to replace the old one . Did some research and i think its a good mobo . anyone had this board? how well does it oc?

this is just a project too learn more about ocing. figured that using an old pc to learn on would be the smartest way to start.thx for any thoughts and info posted.

Back