• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modded IC7-G BIOS with More Divider Options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3DFlyer

Banned
Anyone know if there is a BIOS out there for the IC7-G Max II rev1.1 with more divider option unlocked, or even better adjustable dividers? I'm being held back by this 5:4 divider and could really use a 5:6 divider.

If there is such a BIOS, I'll kiss you if you can tell me where to find it....

If you're a good looking female that is. :p

I don't know of any BIOS that can do that. If you are using an 800 bus processor, the 1:1 ratio is as good as it gets. There is a 3:4 ratio if you set the N/B strap to 533, but I don't think it will work once you're above 200 FSB.

I'd sure like some better divider options too, as I only have a 2.4GHz Northwood (400FSB) cpu chip OC'ed to 3.2GHz by setting the core clock to 133. As a result, the best I can run my memory is with a 4:5 ratio which leaves it horribly underclocked at 166MHz. Still the machine runs quite well. Someday I'll be able to afford an 800 fsb cpu, but not today :-/

Yes, this is what I am trying to do. I want to get my memory at 230 FSB where it tops out, and my CPU at 250 FSB. That will give me a 4GHz CPU overclock, yet I'd still be able to keep the optimal 230 FSB OC on my RAM.

Yes, my RAM sux! When I bought it, most people were getting BH5 chips on this very RAM, and then all the sudden they go changing it to those crap Infineon IC's. Needless to say, I was one of the ones unlucky enough to get these bottom of the bin specials. Basically I got "value ram" when I paid for XMS. In my case XMS stands for Xtreme Memory Sux! :bang head It defnitely is not the BH5 almost everybody else got.

I have no idea what chips my Corsair XMS has on board, haven't pulled the heat spreaders off to have a look. I just bought it because it was a decent price at NewEgg the day I bought the mobo. I had to replace my old ASUS P4T-E (rambus) mobo which got zapped during a thunderstorm when lightning struck right across the street from my house and a power surge came thru the lines. Luckily only the mobo was zapped and all other parts survived. At least with my ram so underclocked I can run the timings very tight which helps the machine to have good overall speed. It benchmarks actually slightly faster than it did with the old mobo on both the cpu and memory scores, and I can run the cpu with lower volts so the temperature runs a couple degrees cooler too, and it's prime95 and folding stable.

I wouldn't pull the spreaders on Corsair RAM. I was told by RAMGuy at the Corsair Support Forum that they use a special Epoxy, and it's very tough. It will void the warranty, and it could break the IC's.

If you go there to the support forums, there is a listing of all the RAM. You have to have all of the numbers on the sticker on the ram. If they are not listed for your specific RAM, he can tell you what IC's they use. That's what I had to do with mine.

These Abit boards are really nice. I've had some Asus boards in the past, and a few others that I'm too ashamed to discuss. hehe I like these Abit boards. I'm kinda waiting on a new Abit board to come through the mill for the Dual Core Pentiums. I figure it'll take about another year for everything to be optimized for all this SLI dual core 64 bit stuff, and then I'll empty my wallet once again. I can guarantee that the next RAM I get will be hand picked, and I'll know ahead of time what IC's it uses or I'm not buying it. I should've checked, but I figured I'd get the same RAM as everybody else was getting. I won't make that mistake again. 230 is above stock, and they don't guarantee OC'ing, but it is horrible compared to what those guys with the very same RAM with the BH5 on it were getting.

Back