• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new wc lian-li v1000: now I have a temp question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corban

Registered
I just water cooled my Lian Li V1000. So far so, things are working great. I really am glad I tried this. It was a lot of fun. Scary at times, but it was a lot of fun. At one point I was pulling off the factory heat sink on my CPU, when I watched my CPU flip up in the air, as I pulled off the heat sink real hard... I watched this happen in slow motion as my CPU fell to the table top and bounced around a couple of times. After closer inspection, I notice I bet about 10 little pins on the underside of the CPU. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGG! But the good news is that I spent some time putting them back straight, and it now works just fine. Boy was that a close one.

I have a Danger Den TDX, single BIX, MAZE4 GPU, and MAZE4 Chipset blocks. (Yeah, I know the DFI mobo won't take a ... But it did!) While I was working, I moded my chipset to SLI, and moved the jumpers into the SLI position. I then moved my 6800GT into the top slot, and added the MAZE4 Chipset Block onto the NB chip. It worked, and I am now water cooling with 3 blocks. I have one for CPU, GPU, and NB chipset all on my DFI Ultra-D board. If I ever really want to run in SLI and buy another graphics card, I will have to take this off, or buy a block that really fits an SLI setup. This MAZE4 will only work with one graphics card.

Well, I must first talk about my temps. At idle I am running 23, 32, 31. By evening and after the sun hit my office windows all day, I am running about 29, 39, 34 when just surfing the web and working a little. Nothing to hard. (My GPU is around 42) When I test with prime95, my CPU temp jumps almost 10 degrees to about 38-39? My PWMIC and chipset only go up a degree or two. (This also includes my GPU.) I noticed that nothing really jumps too much except my CPU. I thought temp changes with water affected each of the different temp values about the same amount. Each of the CPU, PWMIC, and CHIPSET would go up about the same value. My chipset and pwmic look about right, but my CPU temp is always jumping up about 10+ degrees under load?

Any thoughts as to why this would happen? Load always hits around 38, whether my idle was in the low 20’s up upper 20’s. I can hit 23 for the CPU in the morning after a cool night. Still, prime takes it up to about 38. At the end of the day when my idle is around 29, I still hit about 38 on load. (My room can heat up a bit during the day.)

Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed this? Do the temps 29, 39, 34 look any good with a single BIX and 3 DD blocks?

cheers

corb

My System: All Stock Settings
DFI nForce4 Ultra-D (SLI modded) | AMD64 3500+ 90nm
1GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | 250GB SATA HD
Lian-Li PC-V1000 Case | Antec 550 ATX True
XFX 6800GT | Logitech LX700 | XP Home
BIOS = V6.00 PG 3.10.05
Water Cooled w/Danger Den: TDX, MAZE4 x 2, BIX,
and Swiftech MCRES-1000 Reservoir/pump

Last edited:
the heat has to transfer through the IHS and the base of the waterblock, so when there is a lot more heat being pumped out through the core it's going to heat up a lot more. 40c load is very impressive for a single radiator cooling 3 blocks though! what pump are you using? can you snap some pics for us? i'm going to be puting a bip2 into the roof of my v1000b soon, don't you love this case?

I want pics when you are done crime dog, im gonna get the V1200 soon and I want to see how that fits and all. I assume that corban just put it on the rear 120 slot

Ok, sorry about not getting some images. I had to get my camera from work. Here are some pics to take a look at:

http://www.cgossett.com/pictures/computer/

One thing I did notice was that my temps were in the low 20's because I was underclocking using Rightmark CPU ulility. (Duh... I forgot!) At the default clock speed for my 3500+, I am running around 30, 40, 35 with the 3 blocks and single BIX extreme. I am using the MCRES-1000 Reservoir/pump. So I guess when I load up the cpu, it's only jumping about 8 degrees.

thoughts?

cheers

corb

My System: All Stock Settings
DFI nForce4 Ultra-D (SLI modded) | AMD64 3500+ 90nm
1GB PC3200 Corsair XMS | 250GB SATA HD
Lian-Li PC-V1000 Case | Antec 550 ATX True
XFX 6800GT | Logitech LX700 | XP Home
BIOS = V6.00 PG 3.10.05
Water Cooled w/Danger Den: TDX, MAZE4 x 2, BIX,
and Swiftech MCRES-1000 Reservoir/pump

Last edited:
Yeah, my hard drive is now the loudest thing... Real nice pump.

corb

Back