• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech 6BTM w/ PWM IC AIC1569CS - Celeron 1300 possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GermanKraut77

Hi

My first posting on your board!

Hardware specs:
- P2 400
- 392 MB RAM
- HighPoint Rocket133 ATA Controller
- Samsung hdds (4x)
- Chaintech 6btm-0
- Voodoo 3 3000
- Windows 2000

I want to upgrade my server. My idea is to put in a Celeron 1300 (FSB100) und upgrade RAM to 512 MB. Why Celeron 1300? My focus is on a silent pc system and low heat dissipation. The typical power dissipation is around 34.8 W. I think thats a good value compared to 27.6 W on my ol' PII 400. I expect to have low heat development w/out implementing a lot of coolers.

To setup the new cpu i want to purchase a SLOT-T adapter of Upgradeware.

Checking my prolly ourdated manual about Vcore it reads 1.8 ~ 3.5V.

I contacted Upgradeware about that issue and received the following statement:

Hi

Thank you for the PWM IC number. AIC1569CS (1.3V~3.5V) could support the lower voltages that a Tualatin needs.

Here are the general upgrade tips:

1) Pleaes update to the latest BIOS for your motherboard before CPU upgrade. (http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/Download/)

2) Suggest to clear CMOS because the previous settings might not be suitable for a Tualatin processor

3) The Celeron Tualatin 1.0GHz/1.1GHz/1.2GHz/1.3GHz/1.4GHz (0.13micron, FC-PGA2, FSB 100MHz, L2 cache 256K) are your upgrade choice.

Best regards

Tech Support

Sounds good. So it should be possible to run the Celeron 1300 w/ the help of a bios upgrade and a SLOT-T adapter.

Unfortunately i got another message of Upgradeware which is confusing me:

Hi

6BTM0 has different versions – C,D,E, F,G, H….etc – we believe that version C& D only support Vcore 1.8V~3.5V.

Because the Vcore of Coppermine processor ranges from 1.50V~1.75V, version C&D do not support it.

Yours should not be version C&D. You can adjust Vcore from Jumper on SLOT-T in order to change Vcore value.

My PWM IC seems to be the "good" one. The guy from Upgradeware judged i don't have rev. C or D cause of the implemented PWM IC. I opened up my case to be certain and it reads: "6BTM0-D100A".
What a mess?!?

Maybe some1 around here has a 6btm w/ similar rev.? If so please share your experience.

I contacted Chaintech btw but havent received an answer so far. Seems they want me to buy a new mobo to increase their profits

Hoping for helpfull replies.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings
GermanKraut77

Back