• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing WMP right click

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
untitled14mv.jpg

Look familiar(reddish part)? Want to get rid of it? (I used a program to editing it it out, but it broke my WMP. I do use WMP for webcasts.) I know some folks have no desire to use these features since they don't use WMP. Even use the particular features in WMP. I don't know how to customize for certian aspects of the WMP menu.. yet.

There is finally an easy fix. I have been using it for a bit now. Now time to share. First things first. Since Windows is very diverse. Do this at your own risk. As of yet, I have seen no adverse affects. Do a quick backup first in case this does not work for you. You should be using XP w/SP2. Since that is my platform, I cannnot say it works on others. If you do this on another, please report so other can know it works. Thank you. :D

Ok, now for the easy fix I mentioned.

This is done via the Run dialog.
For those who don't know:
Start|Run or just hit Windows key + R combo.

Type in "regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll" (without quotes). You can even copy and paste, I think it is that easy. Hit "OK" and your done. You should not have to restart.

The effects are immediate. Now don't have to endure the WMP right click.

Got my right clicking action back for my player of choice.

untitled18wg.jpg

Last edited:
Back