• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Slim W2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

I have an older Thinkpad, PII 450mhz, 130mb RAM, 6gig HDD, 2.5mb integrated video. I have run windows 98SE on it in the past but need to move it up to 2000. Anyone have any tips on the most compact and least resource intensive way to run this? I need a slimmer more effecient W2k, like the Jared Subway diet. :)

well I got 2000 on there and had a few days to play with it....Im going to try and slim down some services I don;t need but it's not running very bad. One of my memory modules came lose and it was running with 32mb RAM for a few hours and I was like oh this is never gonna work but I figured that out. It actually boots faster than win98SE did...98 did not like my PCMCIA ethernet card....also my modem now works with the 2000 drivers and it specifically recognizes my chipset as IBM Thinkpad....so far Im glad I switched it.

Back