• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E DLX Great NEWS The latest BIOS 1023.001

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kiriakos

Great NEWS for every one !!! The latest BIOS 1023.001 ( Beta - Final)

It does Fix the core voltage issues .
Try it, and you will stop worry about the Vcore .

My tests show that the Vcore does not rise at all over the setting in the Bios.
It does droop by 0.03 Max under load , this effect it totaly natural .

So the above patents is now just history . :santa:

Try the new BIOS and post your opinion I believe that you will be totaly suprized , after the test :)

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_478/INTEL_Chipset/i875p/P4C800-E_Deluxe/

:welcome:

Last edited:
How did they fix the VCore droop in a BIOS update? Until now people were saying that it wasn't possible without an actual droop-mod using a 28k VR. Is it a possibility that we will see this fix on other motherboards? Namely LGA 775 ones such as the P5AD2-E Premium which suffers from the droop as well.

I will say this once , and only once .

The Droop = The on-board power suply parts ( of the motherboard) on theyr knees .( if the droop is 0.03v (at LOAD) its normal , if it is at 0.04v its so&so, if more ,then we have pass the red line , the board canot handle the CPU demands in power )

The P4C800E can handle the load of one P4 at 3300 MHz ( MAX) at 130nm (OCed)
The P4C800E can handle the load of one P4 at 3500 (or a bit more) MHz at 90nm (OCed )

Not OverClocked CPUs draw less amperes due the fact that the cache (memory in them) runs at default speed , and needs the minimum curent.
So the 3.4G NW or Prescot, is not a problem for this board .

The CPU is not one part but TWO, the Core and the memory in it, and the motherboard have to feed them both with amperes.

The problem starts when the OCed CPU ( core and memory ) needs energy that the motherboard cannot suply .

The 130 nm need more amperes than the 90nm .
Thats why the Prescot can move by a litle to a higher clock speeds . (But with high temps , thats why i love my NW 2.8 ) :)

Either way there is limits that nothing can be done to bypass. (with out high risk)

A step to the possitive direction is the new Bios , that it does Fix the overvoltage issue.
And helps in the area of the overall stability .

Last edited:
Another happy customer :cool:

Does any one know if there is a similar Bios for the P4P800 line ?
Many people will be happy, if it is one Bios like that for them !! :)

I must be the exception since I actually noticed slightly worse droop after updating my P4C800-ED to 1023.001.

Before: Firmware 1019
2.8C @ 235 FSB w/ 1.6v BIOS setting
Speedfan readings:
1.63 Idle
1.53-1.55 Load using Prime95 - stable

Now: Firmware 1023.001
2.8C @ 235 FSB w/ 1.6v BIOS setting
Speedfan readings:
1.63 Idle
1.50-1.52 Load using Prime95 - system freeze in 20 seconds

Also tried 1.625 and 1.65 volts, still droops .01-.02 more than FW 1019 did.

Additionally, I noticed that when stopping Prime95 after heavy load, the Vcore remains at 1.50-1.53 for 10-15 seconds. Under FW 1019, going from heavy load to idle would bring the voltage back to 1.6+ within a couple seconds.

Dissappointed ... any ideas?

Kiriakos said:
The P4C800E can handle the load of one P4 at 3300 MHz ( MAX) at 130nm (OCed)
The P4C800E can handle the load of one P4 at 3500 (or a bit more) MHz at 90nm (OCed )
P4c800E can handle until up 3.4 NW, the Ealy revision 1.0x maybe can't handle a Prescott 3.4 long because soon after Intel finalized Prescott Specs Asus updated it to Rev 2 with 3 additional Mosfet(=> More Ampere available to top of line Prescott)

The 130 nm need more amperes than the 90nm .
False, 130 nm part run at higher voltage that 90nm so for the same power the 130 part need less ampere that 90 part.

Used live update for the first time(Instead of FUDOS).Works good.

Its always disconcerting when my sata drive gets bumped for my ide drive. PC will not boot until you correct the boot order.

The new Bios 1023 does not overvolt any more thats a fact . :)

The OCed systems needs now a bump in the CPU core voltage manualy in the BIOS .
So the voltage, to go up, at the point were the CPU is stable . (Before ,the overvoltage did the trick ) .

This bios is very good as Rom ,and at that point , it does not matter if it will be any other availiable.

But i believe that it will be another soon , about more support for Pentium M .

well after the last post I decided i would give this bios a try.

well it did nothing, i mean nothing over my last "1019" bios.

I set the vcore at 1.45 in the bios, my PC probe shows 1.504 in widows then when I start prime95 it droops to 1.472-1.488.

keep on mind, that my board is droop moded, maybe that's why.

If the OC in your signature is your standart operation point , there no Bios that it can help ya .

You are standing on ice floor . The ice will crack sooner or later .. :shrug:

Kiriakos said:
If the OC in your signature is your standart operation point , there no Bios that it can help ya .

You are standing on ice floor . The ice will crack sooner or later .. :shrug:

and your point is? i am not trying to be mean or anything, I Just don't know what you mean. hell if I am standing on Ice (having [email protected]) what are the most people here are standing on, air ? (people running 4.4+ 24/7 that is)

my point is, I did not update to this bois hoping for higher clocks, I updated it to get lower voltage at idle "My tests show that the Vcore does not rise at all over the setting in the Bios.
It does droop by 0.03 Max under load , this effect it totaly natural " and "The new Bios 1023 does not overvolt any more thats a fact" are what made me update to this bios.

I'm going to update tonight! I'm still on BIOS 1016 since I built my system over a year ago :shrug: . This should keep idle temps down a hair since the overvolting appears to be under control, huh? Kewl.

What is the best update methood - AFUDOS or EZ-Flash?

:cool:

Alright. EZ Flash apparently has issues, but AFUDOS 2.11 worked like a charm once I remembered to put in the "i" before the BIOS filename! :beer: The overvolt issue does appear to be fixed, but it seems like I am getting more droop now than ever before! With my vcore set to like 1.45v in BIOS (Prescott P4 2.8E), it will droop to 1.34v under load (Sandra and Speedfan both agreed on the voltages)! I don't think I have ever seen my vcore that low under load (maybe when set to "Auto vcore"). :shrug:

I might try 1019 instead, or even go back to the trusty 1016 that served me well for over a year. I really don't want to crank up the vcore another 0.05v in Bios (that would bring me to 1.5v on air!!!) just to keep my load vcore around 1.40v (where it should be, and where it was with BIOS 1016 before the upgrade).

Comments?

:cool:

Back