• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DangerDen TDX accelerator plates? Which one to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

I received my first Danger Den product today. A TDX water block. It looks very nice but it comes with 5 accelerator plates. I will be using it with a swiftech 350 pump. Could someone that has played with these blocks tell me which accelerator plate I should use. The #5 plate looks like it has the biggest opening thus les restriction. Would the #5 be the best choice?

The #5 shoudl be the one with the little holes in it. You shoudl use that one.

Your pump has allto of what is called head pressure, and thus can make good work of the #5 accelerator plate.

The one with small holes looks so restrictive. How does that help performance?

Ok you are correct. The plates have brown paper stuck to one side of them so I confused the 2 and 5 plate. So #2 has the largest opening and #5 has the small holes.

im not sure if i got this right, but with a high pressure pump like u have the flow gets lower with a restrictive plate but the velocity of water coming from the holes gets higher creating more turbulence and better cooling. think of when u squeeze the end of a hose with ur thumb. i dont think u have to worry about retriction with thar pump in an average setup i.e. one or two waterblocks and a single or double rad.

i have a single pass double heatercore a maze4 and TDX with #5 plate with a similar pump and have great results.

i would say #4 or #5 plate are the best options

I think I will go with#4. The holes in the #5 look so small that if there were any small pieces of plastic or anything it could plug up. Has anyone had problems with the #5 plate plugging up?

Back