• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 MCP350's vs. 1 MCP655

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mysterfix

I'm curious to know what you guys think about this considering the fact that the mcp350 only uses about half the wattage of the mcp655 and draws less than 1 amp even after being modded for better flow.

Seeing as how the wattage is so low compared to performance with a modded mcp350 pump. Would it not be worthwhile to use 2 of these pumps instead of 1 mcp655? From the specs it would seem that even with 2 mcp350's in your loop you would still not equal the heat dump from 1 mcp655.

If anyone has any data on this I'd really appreciate it if you could share it with me.

Edit: I found this data while researching my theory over at ProCooling/Forum, after reading this I think my theory may very well be correct.

Thanks

Last edited:
Really there's not much of an advantage to be had between all of the pumps tested but when comparing head pressure and flow rates vs. heat dump you would be hard pressed to find a better match than 2 of these little pumps that have been modded for better flow.

mysterfix said:
Really there's not much of an advantage to be had between all of the pumps tested but when comparing head pressure and flow rates vs. heat dump you would be hard pressed to find a better match than 2 of these little pumps that have been modded for better flow.

So what is your goal?

Simply to get some feedback on the set up of 2 mcp350's vs the one pump setup. Because a lot of people have stated that it would not be benificial to use 2 pumps due to the added heat generated by running an extra pump. While I was researching this fact I realized that it could indeed be benificial to some people.

For instance if you are running a setup that requires you to have decent flow rates at say 2 gallons per hour with a very restrictive loop. Then running 2 of these modded pumps would work great. You get the added flow with very good head pressure and your dumping less heat into your loop than if you were using one mcp655.

I'd really like to know what everyone thinks about this. Do you think it's a stupid idea? Do you think it's a good concept that maybe proven right or wrong?

Agree or Disagree I'd like to hear what people think. Read the article from cathar and take a look at the data from systemcooling.com where they modded the mcp350 for better flow and please post your thoughts on this.

your ? depends on so many different factors i want to try the same setup and i may, i have 2 pumps ddc laing. running parallel you may have something but again different rads fans wb ect. If flow is the weak link then yes by all means do it.

if only too tell us how it went and it didnt cost try it.

im getting a few y adaptors ready then ill let you know

mysterfix said:
Simply to get some feedback on the set up of 2 mcp350's vs the one pump setup. Because a lot of people have stated that it would not be benificial to use 2 pumps due to the added heat generated by running an extra pump. While I was researching this fact I realized that it could indeed be benificial to some people.

For instance if you are running a setup that requires you to have decent flow rates at say 2 gallons per hour with a very restrictive loop. Then running 2 of these modded pumps would work great. You get the added flow with very good head pressure and your dumping less heat into your loop than if you were using one mcp655.

I'd really like to know what everyone thinks about this. Do you think it's a stupid idea? Do you think it's a good concept that maybe proven right or wrong?

Agree or Disagree I'd like to hear what people think. Read the article from cathar and take a look at the data from systemcooling.com where they modded the mcp350 for better flow and please post your thoughts on this.

Well you saw the results of cathars ponderings on procooling. IMHO these results are not typical though, you may see better results from a loop with more resriction, but still say you get double the results he got- now is it worth it?

No I dont think so.

MCP350x2 vs mcp655? mcp 350x2, of coarse just one will still beat the mcp655

I haven't seen a P-Q curve for the MCP-655, but the modified MCP-350 outperforms the 650, doesn't it? If one of those little beasts produces more flow and head than a 650, I don't see how a 655 is going to beat two of them.

The average user won't need 2 pumps but if you did want to go that route then this would be the way to go.

Back