• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccphil55

i have a P III AOpen AX6BC mobo that i was overclocking to about 143 fsb so it was running about 790 mhz or so, it only made one run that way, first the ram didn't like the speed, it beeped on start up so i reset and tried again made it into bios, but the colors were all messed up and some lines were symbols and no curser moved. Nothing smelled hot, or looks toasted, and i tried diff memory, but now it does nothing, no beeps nothing, just fans turn on. I'm wondering if maybe just the firmware got scrambled, and is fixable, or if somthing like the northbridge is fried. also the floppy drive is toast, has been since i got this rig but hey what can you ask for in a free rig. any help greatly appreciated.

You probably just ran the PCI bus too far out of spec. Reset the CMOS jumper and try again. On rare occasion, data on the harddrive can get screwed up, but a reformat should fix that. Not sure why the other RAM don't work.

i tried the coms jumper, pulling battery let sit for a few hours, everyhting i could think to reset stuff, but nothing has changed in symptoms

Back