• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ME!!!!!! I need software to find files after formatting HDD!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkAssassin

As the title says, I need help. I forgot to copy the My Documents folder to another HDD :bang head :cry: :mad: (how, i dunno) and I know that there's software that can detect the files as long as they haven't been overwritten. I need to know of something that can do that. Names please!!! if there are any free ones, please let me know.

since this type of task involves hardcore MFT searching, you probably won't be able to find any free ones, atleast i havn't. The only program that i use commercially and have been able to actually do its job reliabily is Runtime Software's GetDataBack, available in NTFS and FAT flavors. if you have aim or something my SN is "Eddyisgreat123" and i will be able to explain the process in greater detail

I don't believe links to personal sites are allowed in signatures. May want to check rules before those mods come.

GetBackNTFS cost money, though in my case and maybe yours it is worth it.

i called a repair guy. He said he could do it for $150 (1/2 normal price) and no inspection charge. I had to give him my scsi sata to pci adapter and a power adapter. He's got $1200 software, so I hope it works. I tried all suggestions, but nothing worked, so I sent it to a local repair guide. Thanks anyway though.

Try GetMyDataBack. It worked on a severlly fubared drive. I think it is like $50, but well worth it. You can download the demo first and see it if works....if not, no biggie. I was in a similar situation (wedding photos got nuked, damn the beer and computers are not a good mix) and I needed to save me butt ASAP. 30 minutes after downloading it, finding the files, buying the serial # thingy, I had my files back....

Free data recovery tools can not guarantee the quality of recovered data. Try searching GOOGLE for "Best Data Recovery Software" and you will surely get data recovery tools at resonable price.

Back