• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hard drive encryption software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclucker

what is a good encryption program for encrypting an entire HD, that would make it so booting from safe mode and hooking up the HD as a slave drive so no OS in involved impossible to do.. e.g. a pretty advanced encrypter?

TrueCrypt can encrypt while hard drives, but I don't understand what you mean about using it as a slave in safe mode?

Heat said:
TrueCrypt can encrypt while hard drives, but I don't understand what you mean about using it as a slave in safe mode?

if you have a general password you can set the HD to slave and boot it as a secondary drive, but thats not really encryption only a logon password

http://www.securstar.com/products_drivecryptpp.php?XCARTSESSID=c75690d764248f9b6e993ab35bda2f3d

If you use this stuff, the drivecrypt plus, your drive will be unreadable without it being booted and having the password provided. It's good stuff I have used it and have swapped hardware, MB and all and it boots into XP once passworded and does the HW detect. I have tried many ways to even simply ID a pluspack drive, including some sophisticated forensic methods as well as simply booting into wynternals ERD and NTFSdos-but no dice: no drive even detected. It is secure and running it requires very low overhead. And if it messes up, which it never has for me in many years of use, you mount it up to another pluspack encrypted drive you encrypt with the exact same password and user account and you can read it file by file or unencrypt it.

Back