• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I got screwed on ebay. What can I do??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

covana2244

I won an video card from aution number 5214438997 I sent the 273 dollars through paypal on tuesday. I have email the seller 4 times about responding if you shipped it and if he recieved payment. He will not answer my emails. I am getting a little concerned. Also when I request his contact info, to call him on the phone I get an email that is blank. Does this mean that he has not correctly entered his contact info? I also contacted some of the winning bidders from action number 5211893100 to see if they had the same problem as me. To my horror I got a response that said that they have not recieved their card either. Please help me, I have been screwed in the last 3 of my transactions. Also I know he is actively using his computer because of 3 recent transactions on ebay.
Thanks
-Kyle

I would email ebay, and ask them for help :)

If you did actually get ripped off, i think PayPal has insurance :)

hey, could we please have this guy's ebay moniker and the particular card(s) he's selling? i just won a 64mb radeon 9500 from a guy selling about 50 and recieved an invoice but it's not showing up under 'won' in 'my ebay'... i gave him the benefit of my doubt and JUST sent him my money (cuz so far i haven't had a problem buying via ebay) but unfortunately i've got a bad feeling about this transaction and usually my bad feelings turn out justified :(

PS: i'd like to hear more about reversing a transaction via paypal... from my experience, neither ebay nor paypal are helpful when something goes wrong :eh?:

EDIT: nm, stupid me... hit search for the order number and found this guy:

rydertech2004

don't order anything from him...

Last edited:
well I got 175 dollars back through the ebay protection insurance stuff. The rest of the money I can only get if the ebay seller decides to use his paypal account again. So I am pretty much screwed out of 100 dollars.

covana2244 said:
I won an video card from aution number 5214438997 I sent the 273 dollars through paypal on tuesday. I have email the seller 4 times about responding if you shipped it and if he recieved payment. He will not answer my emails. I am getting a little concerned. Also when I request his contact info, to call him on the phone I get an email that is blank. Does this mean that he has not correctly entered his contact info? I also contacted some of the winning bidders from action number 5211893100 to see if they had the same problem as me. To my horror I got a response that said that they have not recieved their card either. Please help me, I have been screwed in the last 3 of my transactions. Also I know he is actively using his computer because of 3 recent transactions on ebay.
Thanks
-Kyle

Kyle in the future remember this, ONLY BUY from Ebay sellers that have this symbol in the 'seller info' imgPp_35x20.gif

That particular Ebayer had a 96% and did not have that symbol, they must have a 98% rating to have a PayPal Buyer Protection, then you would not have been out any money at all (Unless it was a phished Ebay account) It offers Free Coverage up to $1,000 if the Ebay member has at least a 98% rating and accepts Paypal.
It appears Ebay has kicked this seller off Ebay as well. Not a registered user At least you recovered some of your money.

Mr_Fuchs said:
do these banned sellers wind up in jail or something ?

I wish. Sadly Ebay does not care what happens. You would think any company as large as Ebay that cared would have a phone number for it's members to report serious problems... But they don't. :shrug:

Yes, it would be nice if eBay cared but you have to be realistic. Look at how many thousand and thousands (if not millions) of auctions eBay has going on. If they took time for every one, you might finally get your money back in 3 years. Thats whats good about ocforums.com, it's not too big and everyone kinda knows everyone (if you get what I mean).

ghost_recon88 said:
Yes, it would be nice if eBay cared but you have to be realistic. Look at how many thousand and thousands (if not millions) of auctions eBay has going on. If they took time for every one, you might finally get your money back in 3 years. Thats whats good about ocforums.com, it's not too big and everyone kinda knows everyone (if you get what I mean).
I don't think that is a good excuse. If they can't be more helpful to their customers they shouldn't be a business, or higher more people. They should be held liable for what is conducted on there site.(are they?) Maybe I should look into that.

eBay has never been helpful or customer friendly. If you read most of their disclaimers, most of the onus for bad transactions is on the buyer and seller. They say they are merely providing a means for the auctions to occur. Having had a few go bad myself, its always better to be very careful who you send money to.

Back