• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Aquagate vs. Kingwin Aquastar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David Coleman

These two products look very similar, but I'm wondering which one would be the best choice for a low maintaince WC kit?

Aquagate's internals

Aquastar's internals

The aquagate has a lower restriction radiator, but only has one fan and less surface area over the fan. The aquastar adds a VGA block, but already has more restriction so would result in lower pressure on the CPU block. And the aquagate's CPU block looks better, but who knows which is a better design?

the radiator on the aquagate is alot better, i had the aquagate and it performed OK, but don't be fooled that just because they are kits that they require less maintenance, its the same thing, if you really want a bolt-on kit look into the new coolermaster coolers

i really suggest you build your own loop, for the same money you could have superior cooling performance, setup and installion is pretty much the same on those kits and a DIY

I have a wavemaster too. Hence my leaning towards an aquagate. How did you setup your loop in your wavemaster?

I have a 120mm fan at teh back of the HD rails ducted to teh front intake, and an 80mm-->120mm adapter in the top blowhole sucking cold air in (3 deg cooler northbridge temps than sucking out), along with a 120mm PSU fan and an 80mm SF2 in the back for exhaust. This computer is in our living room, so being kinda quiet and looking good are really more important than .01 higher C/W. Heck, it's a duron with a MX440 :)

Back